Software Engineer, Common Attacks (multiple positions)
Would you like to be part of a company where the machine learning is at the core of its product offerings? We are build that team out with multiple openings! Do you want to build (not analyze or support or A/B test) machine learning based product features from scratch? Are you interested in applying ML to a dataset that no other company in the world has? Can you innovate in a greenfield machine learning application that has rarely been researched in academia? Then come and join a collaborative team that builds solutions which provide deep performance insights, behavioral security analyses, and drive business analytics? Keep reading.
The ExtraHop platform is a novel approach to processing vast amounts of wire data in real-time. It provides unparalleled visibility into every transaction and behavior for every single entity within an enterprise network. This complete visibility allows our customers to proactively detect and remediate IT performance issues and cyber attacks in real time. As part of the data science team, you will be responsible for end-to-end delivery and operation of all machine learning capabilities across ExtraHop products.
We have a global and diverse user base—we believe in actively investing in a diverse engineering organization. We are seeking technically-qualified people from all backgrounds, who offer dynamic perspectives, influences, and experiences. Are you as passionate as we are about positive culture and amazing technology? If you are, we can't wait to chat with you.
Are you looking to make an impact? Do you love seeing your work implemented and hearing how your contributions have made a difference? ExtraHop offers an exciting, high energy, and versatile environment in which people are encouraged and supported to collaborate on industry-leading technology while they develop and enrich their individual growth. And we're doing it with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor (it's required here, seriously).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Innovate and build new attack detection and analytic capabilities using machine learning in the ExtraHop platform.
- Work with software engineers and own the end-to-end development of machine learning features and capabilities (from ideation to prototyping to experimentation to productionization to continuous refinement in operation).
- Work with appliance (sensor) engineers to identify new model features.
- Work with appliance (frontend) engineers to surface and incorporate ML findings and analysis into user workflows.
- Work with threat researchers to become an expert in the specific attack scenarios and encode domain expertise into algorithms and models.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, and mathematics/statistics or other quantitative fields
- Proficient at programming in Python (or R)
- Knowledge of basic computer science data structures and algorithms
- Understanding of the theory behind machine learning models such as generalized linear model, classification, clustering, ensemble learning, time series analysis, graphical analysis, neural network, etc.
- Willingness to learn complex topics in cyberattacks and network monitoring
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in applying machine learning/statistical modeling to solve real world problems
- Experience in building end-to-end machine learning systems
- Understanding of network protocols including IP, TCP, UDP, DNS, and HTTP
- Knowledge of building scalable and high-performance systems
- Understanding of various product-development life cycles
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from core to edge to cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its 2018 Super 70 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inaugural Disruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a 2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $100 million in bookings in 2018, and 10x growth in security, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law