We are looking for a talented Data Warehouse Engineer to help build out our analytics platform. You will work closely with the product team and engineering teams to deliver timely and accurate data to our customers.
The Engineering and Product teams consist of 40 talented and passionate team members, working to make Knock the premier software product in the Multifamily real estate industry.
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. It was disorganized, time consuming, and frustrating. It seemed landlords were stuck in the past and didn’t understand how to use technology to their advantage. But the problems and solutions seemed obvious to us, and we had a vision for what a better experience should be. After validating our insights with a few early customers (who became investors) we got to work partnering with real estate companies to deliver on turning that vision into reality.
Five years later, we have helped our property management customers find apartments for millions of renters. We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the productivity and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer satisfaction at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In March of 2019 we announced we raised a $10m Series A round to continue to accelerate growth and product development, led by Madrona Venture Group: https://www.geekwire.com/2019/madrona-leads-10m-round-knock-crm-communications-service-apartment-landlords/
In January 2020 we were honored to receive recognition as one of Seattle’s Best Small Companies to Work by BuiltIn Seattle: https://www.builtinseattle.com/companies/best-small-places-to-work-seattle-2020
In May 2020 we announced we raised a $12m Series B round to continue on the path of growth, led by Madrona Venture Group, with partners from Lead Edge Capital and Seven Peaks Ventures:https://www.geekwire.com/2020/product-built-times-like-seattle-startup-knock-raises-12m/
To be successful and recognized as a high performer at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar attitude with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in exceptional talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been incredibly fortunate to build an amazing team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Day - to - Day
- Build, monitor and maintain data and ETL pipelines to process data from many disparate sources into a data warehouse
- Design data schemas and structures for reporting through Tableau and other tools
- Validate data accuracy and timeliness throughout process
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues, providing system monitoring and problem resolution
- Work with various APIs [Google Analytics, SaaSOptics, Salesforce] to extract data into a relational schema
- Work with technical and business teams to evaluate data requirements and implement them
- Evaluate new technologies and tools and make recommendations based on usefulness, opportunity and cost
- 3+ years experience with Python and SQL
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Experience designing and implementing data pipeline testing and monitoring solutions
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing
- Experience using AWS, Redshift, PostgreSQL or Elasticsearch a plus
Why You'll Love It Here
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees.
- Flexible time off & paid holiday
- 401k to help you save for the future
- Option to work from home 2x a week (normally!)
- Stock options
- Gym membership at LA Fitness Signature Clubs (Currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- We like to do fun things together! (Virtual for now!) Conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours.
- Parental leave program
- Whatever mode of transportation you use - we got you covered!
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the Knock team
- Plus free lunch on Fridays! (When back in the office!)
At Knock we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We welcome all types!