Data is at the core of Outreach's strategy. It drives our customers and ourselves to the highest levels of success. We use it for everything from customer health scores and revenue dashboards, to operational metrics of our AWS infrastructure, to helping increase product engagement, to predictive analytics and causal inference via experimentation. As our customer base continues to grow, we are looking towards new ways of leveraging our data to save our customers time and improve their sales efficiency. Our team is expanding and we are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead the Data Platform organization.
About the Team
The mission of the Data Pipeline team is to utilize trustworthy data analysis and experimentation to build new product features, build an efficient event pipeline for third party applications, and help others in the company use data effectively. The team consists of a group of senior engineers who are passionate about building platforms. Many of the day to day tasks will involve working closely with:
1) The Data Science team in training set pipelines and model scaling.
2) Application teams to strategize breaking down applications to services and migrating data.
3) Business Intelligence to provide near real time data stream
4) Large customers who need data streamed to optimize and effectively run their business
As the manager of Data Platform you will be a key player in what makes Outreach and our customers effective.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Manage, coach, and mentor a team of up to 9 total developers
- Build a team culture of growth impact and trust
- Own the project backlog for your team, working closely with product management and engineering stakeholders to identify projects and set priorities
- Define and track key performance metrics for your team
- Collaborate closely with recruiting to define job requirements, interview candidates, and build the team
- 3+ years of management experience with software engineering teams
- Experience with complex architecture in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience mentoring and growing an engineering team
- Demonstrated success owning and delivering on problem statements from start to finish
- You embody our core values. We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other’s back no matter what, we’re one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Womxn's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status