Sr. Advanced Data Analyst, Customer Marketing at Expedia Group
Are you passionate about data and analytics? Do you want to be at the forefront of a truly customer-centric organization?
We are looking for a Senior Advanced Data Insights Analyst to join Expedia Group’s Marketing Analytics Team. As a core member of the team, you will work to drive our business strategy around the customer lifecycle, such as enhancing customer value proposition, improving acquisition and engagement, driving lifetime value, delivering an outstanding customer experience, and bettering understanding the customer behavior across brands owned by Expedia Group.
Critical to this role is a love of data (because we love data!). As a Senior Advanced Data Insights Analyst, you have strong experience working with a variety of large datasets across different data environments and applying data science techniques in a fun, collaborative and stimulating environment. Successful candidates are naturally curious and leave no stone unturned when seeking solutions. You should be able to own projects end-to-end from identifying the problem, to developing a structured framework and analysis, to communicating key insights in a clear and compelling way.
What you’ll do:
- Measure the effectiveness of Expedia Group’s Customer Value Proposition and impact on the target audience
- Understand customer patterns and economics
- Apply analytical and modelling techniques to measure the effectiveness and the incremental value of our ancillary product
- Turn and translate complex data into meaningful insights and business recommendations
Who you are:
- Analytical - Strong SQL skills and knowledge of R (or similar tools like Python) desirable for data analysis, structuring, transforming and visualizing big data
- Customer focused – Keen to make a difference in everything you do, especially for our customers
- Business savvy – Strong commercial acumen with a great attention to detail
- Can-do attitude – Focused, resilient, and able to work towards goals with energy
- Flexible and collaborative – Have the ability to multitask in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and are comfortable with a level of ambiguity; your work will cross business units, borders and cultures
- Communicative - Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex analytical solutions and their business value to a diverse group of technical and non-technical audiences
- 2+ years’ experience in a Data Science or Advanced Analytics role
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Engineering or similar
- Relevant Master’s degree a plus
- Experience in customer insight, statistical modelling, data science or similar
- Experience in ecommerce / online marketing a plus; experience of travel industry a bonus
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.