Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
As the Business Intelligence Analyst on the Engineering Operation team you will be building the framework and in which we run the business by. It will be your responsibility to identify data analysis needs, building visualizations and turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. This role will coordinate with teams focused on process and data accuracy to deliver the underlying data.
In this role you will be responsible for building out scorecards, dashboard and partnering with leadership and teams to define and measure KPIs.
What are the attributes of someone who would be successful in this role?
- Develops and implements practical and timely solutions.
- Collaborates with other members of formal and informal groups in the pursuit of common goals.
- Draws on the strengths of colleagues and gives credit to others' contributions and achievements.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy. Defines and organizes tasks, responsibilities and priorities.
- Makes complex situations easy to understand and visualize.
- Seeks root causes.
Proactively conducts business review meetings for reprioritization of resources and taking corrective action to respond to strategic initiatives. Holds self and leadership team members accountable for achievements, publicly recognizing successes. Supports the enterprise in achieving deliverables by investing in world-class organizational processes.
Determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI), and develop BI Operations strategy. This includes working with business and development teams to design, and build a cadence of dashboards, alerts, and reports to ensure the business is informed. This individual is accountable for providing leadership and independent initiatives in facilitating information gathering, structured documentation and presentation of findings to all levels of management.
They must work well within a team environment.
Directs, organizes, and leads BI workstream projects in the implementation and use of new BI software tools and systems. Anticipates long-term problem areas and associated risk levels with objective rationale. Uses formal methodologies to forecast trends and define innovative strategic choices in response to the potential implications of multiple integrated options.
- Works with internal and external customers and partners to develop and analyze business intelligence needs. Develops and writes business requirements for the design of solutions.
- Researches business problems and assists in the creation of models that help analyze these problems.
- Designs Company-wide “views” and custom reports for varying altitudes in the business.
- May perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- Directs, organizes, and leads BI workstream projects in the implementation and use of new BI software tools and systems.
- Works on highly complex, cross functional, and enterprise and business intelligence solutions.
Compares and contrasts business systems used in the company with world class and similar organizations in the sector. Acts as role model for creating a culture that sets superior standards and delivers on time and on budget. Agrees upon service level and project expectations with senior leaders. Reviews enterprise's progress against established goals, objectives, service level targets and project milestones.
Typically requires 7 or more year of Business Analysis or related technical experience.
In-depth knowledge of the industry and multiple business functional areas.
Experience leading teams without authority