Amazon is looking for an outstanding Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to join the AWS Product Analytics team. This is your opportunity to be a core part of the team that has direct impact on the strategic decision making in many AWS product teams, such as EC2, S3, IoT, etc. Since early 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud. AWS is a high-growth, fast-moving division within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day. On the AWS Product Analytics team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that data insights and analysis is critical to our success. To help build this growing team, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, set high standards with a focus on superior business success. AWS sets the standard for functionality, cost, and performance for many cloud based services, but it’s still early days for cloud computing, and there are boundless opportunities to continue to redefine the world of cloud computing - come help us make history!
As a Sr. BI Engineer on this team, you will be a technical leader in our team. This role will be responsible for generating new insights to help guide the strategic direction of our products and businesses. You will get the exciting opportunity to work on very large data sets in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You will work closely with the business and technical teams in analysis on many non-standard and unique business problems and use creative-problem solving to deliver actionable output. Our team is serious about great design and redefining best practices with a cloud-based approach to scalability and automation. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and an ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
Key responsibilities include
- Work with business customers in understanding key business objectives and implementing solutions to support analytical and reporting needs.
- Analyze relevant business information, and uncover trends and correlations to develop insights that can materially improve our product and strategy decisions.
- Conduct written and verbal presentation to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Develop think big ideas to drive customer insights, identify areas for experimentation, and evaluate the efficacy of current strategies to inform targeted action plans
- Design and implement an analytical environment using third-party and in-house reporting tools, modeling metadata, building reports and dashboards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, and solid years of relevant experience.
- A strong grasp of SQL and at least one scripting or programming language.
- 8+ years of experience with and detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, data modeling, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures and hands-on SQL coding.
- 5+ years of demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data science/business intelligence experience with significant business impact
- 4+ years of large IT project delivery for BI oriented projects.
- 4+ years of working with very large data warehousing environment
- Experience in scoping out high level business problems and working with senior leadership teams
- Experience with formulating hypotheses, designing measurement methodologies, accessing and prepping data and drawing actionable insights
- Experience with Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) databases - Redshift (preferred), Teradata
- Experience with R, Python, Weka, SAS, Matlab or other statistical/machine learning software.
- Experience with reporting tools - Tableau (preferred), OBIEE
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively and influence both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
- Excited to analyze and explore large data! You will have the opportunity to give potentially game-changing recommendations to the business
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation