Sr. Compliance Analyst
Why build your career at Expedia eCommerce Platform (eCP) Controllership team? We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
- Are you a highly motivated, financial professional with strong internal controls experience?
- Do you value diversity and thrive in a global environment?
- Are you passionate about support the team and help build a strong controls environment?
We invite you to join the Expedia eCommerce Platform (eCP) Controllership team, as a part of a team passionate about building strategic partnerships across the eCP organization. We help ensure compliance with SOX and other regulations and are responsible for conducting risk assessments, monitoring ongoing strategic remediation activities, and focusing on how technology securely enables the business to meet strategic objectives.
What you’ll do:
- You will support eCP teams during internal and external operational, security, and SOX audits.
- Work alongside process owners to identify new and changing processes and systems. Identify impacts to SOX and other operational controls.
- Support ongoing annual SOX program by tracking control status, driving updates by process owners to documentation and driving deficiency remediation as applicable.
- You will help to review other projects as well to assess impact on the overall control environment
This position will interact with both internal and external auditors, coordinating necessary documentation for audits. The role requires communication and involvement with departmental leadership inside and outside eCP and with groups external to the organization. This position is part of a rapidly evolving organization that is a key component of Expedia's growth plans.
Who you are:
- You have the ability to build strong relationships with the control owners and pro-actively identify changes to processes and controls through regular touchpoints
- You have the ability to suggest and develop intelligent, viable, scalable solutions when controls are deemed inefficient or ineffective in addressing risks
- You will be skilled and able to liaise with internal and external auditors, the SOX team, and controllership teams
- You are curious and want to develop a working knowledge of the IT and Operational processes and controls in place within eCP to support the Brands.
- You will have a Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting or Management or other degrees with relevant work experience in a related field. Preference is given to candidates with CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) credentials
- You will have minimum 2-3 years of audit experience in finance, operations, internal controls or audit.
- You have a working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404/302 requirements, internal controls, and the COSO framework
- Prefer if you have experience with SOX, ISO and/or business process documentation and testing experience
- Public accounting desired, not required
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.