This role will sit in our headquarters in Seattle, WA, and we are currently not offering a remote option for this position.
As a Senior Data Engineer at Outreach.io you will have the opportunity to evolve and shape our data ecosystem. We’re looking for an experienced senior data engineer who is passionate about building a modern analytics stack and scalable, resilient data pipelines. You will have a great opportunity to make an impact at a young and growing company and help the Business Intelligence and Analytics team to evolve and mature our analytics, data science, and automation functions. If you are familiar with building environments to enable BI engineers and analysts, enjoy finding creative solutions to data problems, and enthusiastic about learning or improving your skills using best practices in data modeling and ETL/ELT process for delivering multi-dimensional datasets, we have interesting challenges for you.
About The Team
The BI&A team is on a mission to bring relevant data and insights to every person at Outreach while advancing the use of data and promoting an insight-centric culture. The BI & Analytics team is a centralized resource providing a suite of services to Outreach business functions including KPI definition, dashboards & reporting, ad hoc an
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Implement data ingestion routines that deliver raw data in a usable format
- Help design and implement a modern workflow orchestration platform
- Automate data processes across multiple internal teams
- Help with developing, constructing, test, and maintenance of BI&A data architecture
- Provide input and recommendations on technical issues and think through trade-offs and risks and communicate them with team/business stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to establish requirements and explain the benefits/risks of proposed approaches
- Recommend and implement solutions to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- 5-7 years of Data Engineer experience
- BS degree in computer science or quantitative discipline
- Fluency with SQL querying and optimization (Snowflake and Mysql preferred)
- Fluency building data pipelines with Python
- Experience with modern orchestration platforms like Airflow
- Experience with DBT
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with containers (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience in creating data sources and administering Tableau server
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline
- Familiarity with modern data warehousing architecture and processes
- Interest in implementing DataOps concepts
Outreach is Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, and we have offices in San Francisco, CA, New York, Tampa, FL, London, and Prague.
Outreach is the number one sales engagement platform. Using advanced machine learning and AI to automate and prioritize customer touchpoints, Outreach dramatically increases sales reps' effectiveness and ability to drive smarter, more insightful engagement with their customers.
At Outreach, we're on a mission to change the way companies engage with their customers throughout their lifecycle.
We understand how technology can change the game for revenue teams, driving innovation and efficient growth with every interaction, and making every customer-facing rep wildly productive.
Outreachers live out our core values on a daily basis. We're always looking for people who embody our values to come to join us on our mission!
We are hungry craftspeople who are obsessed with continuous improvement. We have grit, take ownership, and are honest with ourselves, our colleagues, and our community. We are one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion. When you're part of the Outreach family, we got your back, no matter what.
“Why I Love Working At Outreach” https://www.outreach.io/blog/outreach-company-culture-working
Why You’ll Love It Here
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
Read Full Job Description