Sr. Data Engineer at OneCare Media
OneCare Media is a high-growth, digital media startup committed to bettering the health & wellness of our community. Through expert-driven resources and curated recommendations, OneCare helps consumers make better informed, more personalized decisions in their healthcare journeys.
About the Role
As a core member of the Data Engineering team at OneCare, you will play a critical role in OneCare Media’s growth. You will take responsibility for performing hands-on work required to integrate data sources across various enterprise systems and beyond into a unified data platform that allows for robust analytics, data science and day to day business reporting. This process involves translating business use cases into data solutions through a thorough understanding of source system nuances required for a timely implementation. The role will also work in conjunction with analytics teammates to lay the required data foundations to understand the business context of data assets, and to actively maintain and improve upon the team's portfolio of value-add logic/code. Additionally, the role will work with various functional units to ensure solutions are successfully deployed, operationalized, and maintained.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of business analysts, architects, engineers, data analysts and data scientists to formulate both business and technical requirements.
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence product roadmap, take ownership and responsibility over new projects, and perform audits to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Design and build data pipelines from various data sources to a target data warehouse using batch data load strategies utilizing cutting edge cloud technologies.
- Utilize programming languages like Python, Java, Scala, and Open Source RDBMS databases and Cloud based data warehouse technologies.
- Document database designs that include data models, metadata, ETL specifications and process flows for business data project integrations.
- Monitor, maintain and optimize production systems. Investigate and resolve incidents reported by users. Identify opportunities to automate, consolidate and simplify data solutions at scale.
- Perform periodic code reviews to ensure code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance.
- Share your passion for experimenting with and learning new technologies, while mentoring members of the engineering team.
- Guide business stakeholders and mentor members of the data and analytics teams regarding technology and best practices.
What We Are Looking For
- You're geeky about data, have an inquisitive mindset, and a passion for coding.
- Your background is in Digital Analytics, PPC / SEO or Digital Marketing areas or similar.
- 3+ years work experience as a Data Engineer, including prior experience at a high-growth start-up, consulting or similar type role.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing using Cloud database technologies.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Java, R, etc).
- Ability to architect at scale data integrations from third-party API documents independently.
- Query proficiency and performance tuning skills.
- Experience with GitHub and CI/CD processes.
- Able to work through ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamically changing business environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with a desire to learn and teach.
- Excellent understanding of development processes and agile methodologies.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time with minimal supervision.
- A willingness to get your hands dirty -- you enjoy a scrappy, entrepreneurial environment where everyone pitches in to get the job done.
OneCare is committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and be their authentic self, feel a sense of community, and do great work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants.