Sr. Director, Consumer Analytics
Groupon is seeking a self-starting Consumer Analytics, Senior Director to lead our Consumer Analytics Team which builds predictive models and find insights to drive decision process for Groupon’s centralized services and tools. This leader will guide data scientists, analysts and data engineers to produce Customer Lifetime Value and Attrition models, guide the development of central customer data repositories and present insights to leaders across the company. The role is data intensive and requires close collaboration across all computational marketing channels (Email, Push Notifications, Direct, SEM, Display, Mobile and Affiliates), supply teams, and senior leadership.
· Regularly present specific and actionable insights about Customer Lifetime Value, Attrition and how we can influence it to senior leadership .
· Manage team to streamline and centralize critical data that enables a more consistent and personalized customer experience across all of Groupon’s channels.
· Drive understanding and adoption of Customer Lifetime Value metrics, customer insights and associated customer segmentations.
· Work closely with engineering teams to ensure the strongest customer data availability and integrity for reporting, analytics and audience targeting systems.
· Build standardized valuation frameworks to measure the cost and benefit of each customer growth action (i.e. downstream value of reactivating customers, lifetime value of an incremental mobile app download, etc.)
· Collaborate with other teams to help plan and review methodical A/B tests to inform our customer engagement strategy.
· Evaluate the incrementality of marketing spend on financial metrics (revenue, profit, etc.) and customer behavior.
· Develop insights around paid marketing’s influence on free and organic (non-attributed) traffic
· Master’s or PhD in Statistics, Business, Finance, Econometrics or related field
· MBA preferred
· 10+ years of relevant team management experience with a heavy emphasis on consultation, presentation of analytical driven insights and team management
· Phenomenal ability to explain and present data to help achieve strategic and operational goals
· Strong communication and relationship building skills
· ‘Builder’ mentality – identifies problems quickly and is eager to build solutions from scratch, not just improve on others work.
· Comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
· Must have great management and analytical skills, and strong business judgment
· Proven ability to extract meaningful and actionable insight from large, disparate datasets
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.