- Operate as a thought leader and visionary, with the ability to guide, influence and inspire peak performance, innovation and adoption of the latest engineering practices to enable AI technologies across the Axon value chain .
- Grow and lead a world-class team of machine learning platform engineers that deliver novel, strategic AI-enabled solutions with diverse, industry-leading skills in distributed machine Learning training workflows, edge AI, data engineering and tools both in the cloud and on-device.
- Collaborate with science, tech and product teams on defining, architecting and building data ingestion systems and model training pipelines from experimentation to deployment, monitoring and continuous performance improvement.
- Bring your industry expertise to challenge existing assumptions and introduce new distributed system architectures including high-throughput machine learning training pipelines and low-latency model hosting technologies
- Develop a collaborative and inclusive team that fosters a culture of ownership, experimentation, and innovation while joining forces with product teams to deliver working solutions for our Customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field
- 7+ years of software engineering experience and a proven track record of successfully architecting and building highly available, low latency systems for high traffic applications
- 4+ years in a leadership/management role with a solid track record of building and leading engineering teams
- Fluency in Scala (or Java) as well as prior experience working with machine learning workflows in python
- Designed and built multiple complex, scalable, high throughput, low latency streaming/batch processing machine learning pipelines for both data flows and algorithm execution
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with major cloud environments (such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud)
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to dive into system architecture, design, performance metrics, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations
- Comfort communicating and interacting with scientists, engineers and product managers
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field
- 9+ years of software engineering experience building and shipping data science AI enabled products
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with machine learning platforms from major providers (such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud)
- Familiarity with IoT/Edge AI and optimizing ML pipelines to run on-device with constrained compute, power and latency budgets
- Previous experience leading multiple geographically distributed teams
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...