Sr. Manager, Data Engineering at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:13 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
Auth0 is seeking a Senior Manager, Data Engineering to help lead and manage a global team of data engineers. You will have an engineering background and technical expertise in building and managing mission-critical data platforms. Though we don’t expect you to write data pipelines, we expect you understand the design fundamentals and resolve choice conflicts. Your team will look to you for advice on technical and business challenges. This team will serve internal stakeholders such as our GTM, Product, Operations and Finance teams with business intelligence to drive critical business decisions. This team will also build data products to provide secure access for our customers.
This role can be based from a home office anywhere in the US.
What you bring:
- 8+ years of engineering experience with 4+ years focused on data infrastructure and data engineering, including 5+ years of hands-on technical management
- Proven experience in leading and mentoring senior engineers and managers
- Establishing efficient design and programming patterns that beat SLAs and help easily manage the data platform
- Prioritize, coordinate inter-department initiatives while building and maintaining trust with business stakeholders
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
- Hands on experience in SQL, Python, R
- Knowledge of containerization, CI/CD Pipeline
- Proficiency in Spark, Kafka, Airflow
- Experience in managing enterprise-level system implementations, such as data warehouses, ETL automation, BI Visualization, and cloud-based data management tools
- Fluent in AWS technologies and familiarity with Azure
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.