Sr Risk Ops Business Analyst
As a Senior Business Analyst, you utilize your strong analytical and problem-solving skills to enable the identification of trends and opportunities for process and functional improvements. You will be detail oriented, flexible, organized, and possess the ability to balance individual contribution, with a strong team orientation. In this role you will collaborate with a variety of individuals across and outside of the Global organization to define process and procedure, as well as drive operational excellence and achievement of objectives and goals. You will be working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment playing a highly visible role within our organization to craft innovative ways of working. You will bring the results of your analyses to life with detailed understanding of fraud trend and analyst-level productivity and quality, to provide recommendations to improve customer and analyst experience, and reduce chargebacks through data and insightful analyses.
What you will do:
- Act as a lead by providing business mentorship and technical expertise to statisticians or junior business analysts to support the carrying out of investigative and auditing activities
- Responsible for developing and communicating business requirements to data management team to operationalize reporting and automate recurring analyses
- Develop and deliver predictive analyses such as behavior patterns and fraud segmentations
- Make intelligent trade-offs between resources available and provide creative solutions to customers even in situations where all the desired data may or may not be available
- As the expert on testing & optimization, work directly with business owners and technical specialists to design, plan, and analyze A/B and Multivariate tests
- Work with various partners to support ad hoc requests & initiatives
- Performs hands-on analysis of large volumes of transaction, analysts, and customer level data
- Work with complex data structure, manipulate, cleanse data and perform statistical analysis
- Implement analytic work plans and/or proposals
Who you are:
- Strong Redshift/SQL ability or other programming languages to query/join/transform data from various databases
- Experience developing Tableau dashboards
- Proficient in Excel Power Query & Power Pivot
- Working experience building MS Access database
- Ability to interpret information from various sources, working effectively and efficiently with large datasets, making sound and timely decisions from analysis.
- Effectively communicate complex ideas to primary business partners, both verbally and in writing
- Strong client service, time management and project management skills
- Strong analytical/modeling skills with ability to convert raw data into actionable business insights
- Ability to work with ambiguity and define and tackle problems by using available data and making reasonable assumptions
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and relationship building skills from partners up to executive level
Your education and experience:
- Preferred degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Math, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Business)
- Risk management or fraud operation experience
- Experience working with e-commerce customer data or transaction-level data
- 5+years relevant experience in marketing/customer research and/or analytics
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-CW1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.