Sr. Software Development Engineer
Do you want to play a pivotal role in transforming experience of travelers the world over? Do you want to work in an extraordinary engineering team building an intelligent, scalable and personalized travel assistance platform. You will work with state of the art technologies such as real-time Kafka streaming, GraphQL, Natural Language Processing (NLP), AI & Machine Learning. You will craft an unparalleled Bot platform that can meet the customer on social, text, web, or voice channels, servicing their support needs and delivering unparalleled customer engagement.
The primary function of the role is to help design and implement components for the core analytics engine of our platform. You will work alongside engineers, leads, and product owners to plan, scope, and execute and, as a senior member of the team, will be looked towards as a thought leader and technical advocate. Your solutions will provide the ultimate customer experience needed to anticipate and resolve customer's questions using an automated assistant. You will have the opportunity to build a ‘V1’ platform from the ground-up by collaborating with product and engineering leadership.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and develop API library/Interfaces for publishing/ consuming & streaming data to and from the platform.
- Influence and contribute to the overall architecture and design of the intelligent conversational platform.
- Call out appropriate risks and issues in a timely manner to enable re-prioritization and stakeholder management if needed.
- Write your program as if you’re speaking to the person who will maintain your code.
- Own every task you undertake as if the future of the company depends upon it.
Who you are
- 7+ years of experience leading technical designs, mentoring developers and helping driving Engineering Maturity.
- An avid problem solver and an excellent coder with deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, and OO concepts as well as data modeling.
- As someone passionate about quality of their work, you are persistent and uncompromising.
- As someone who has prototypes AI/ML models, you are interested in creating recommendation engines.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.