Sr Software Engineer, Data, Placed
Placed is the market leader in location-driven insights and ad intelligence. We're a fast-growing organization headquartered in downtown Seattle, focusing on connecting the physical and digital worlds to give brands, agencies, publishers, and ad networks the ability to target location at scale, measure the offline impact of ads, and deliver actionable insights into consumer behavior.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join Placed, a subsidiary of Snap Inc! As a member of our Data Engineering team, you'll own critical pieces of the machine learning and analytics platforms, which power all product offerings within the organization. You'll build data processing infrastructure which operates across multiple cloud providers. Working from our Seattle, WA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams to create tools and processes to bring research and machine learning models to production.
What you’ll do:
- Architect and implement scalable data processing and analytics infrastructure
- Work with the Data Science team to bring machine learning models into production
- Build Hadoop MapReduce and Spark processing pipelines using Java, Python, and Ruby
- Build REST APIs for data access by systems across our infrastructure
- Focus on performance, throughput, and latency, and drive these throughout our architecture
- Write test automation, conduct code reviews, and take end-to-end ownership of deployments to production
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency in Python, Java, C#, and/or Ruby
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights
- Experience with Hadoop MapReduce, Apache Spark, analytics systems (e.g. OLAP, BI tools), and semi-structured data (e.g. NoSQL, MongoDB, etc.) is preferred
- Experience with either AWS or GCP is preferred