ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
- Monitor the security tools and systems that defend ServiceNow's production and corporate environment
- Determine relationships between seemingly unrelated events through deductive reasoning
- Come up with ways to do things faster, better and more effectively
- You will work with teams to maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.).
- You will participate as an escalation contact in the On-Call rotation, to ensure that Security Operations can respond to priority incidents
- You may be called upon to assist with the deployment, integration and initial configuration of new security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions; including network, and systems to improve overall platform security.
- Candidates must be able to meet all federal government security screening requirements as indicated: Federal security screening requirements call for applicant to verify U.S. Citizenship. Additional customer screening requirements may include additional items such as, but not limited to: specialized agency background checks (either national or local) and fingerprinting, as well as the ability to obtain a government personnel security clearance.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 3+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Automation knowledge (Python, bash scripting) and experience hardening Linux, Windows, or Mac systems
- Background working with data logging applications (e.g. Splunk)
- Knowledge of vulnerability scanning tools (Qualys, Nessus)
- A defensive security mindset
- Ability to explain complex issues to executives and customers
- GSEC, GCIH, CEH, GCIA or CISSP certifications are a plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.