Staff Business and Data Analyst
This position reports to: Senior Manager, Strategic Planning Analytics
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
As a member of the Product Operations Analytics team, you’ll focus on driving operational awareness to our Executive Team while partnering with leaders throughout ServiceNow to fundamentally improve how we run our business. With a combination of exceptional analytical skills, an insatiable curiosity, and an entrepreneurial “get stuff done” mindset, you’ll help us better understand our customers, partners, and products, and drive important changes that will shape the future of ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
We are looking for a Data Rockstar! An ideal candidate will have end to end experience in retrieving data using data mining languages (SQL/PLSQL, Python, etc.) and developing an effective executive level analytics dashboard that clearly communicates a clear data story. The work requires extensive experience in responsive visualization design, proficiency with interaction design and user interfaces and familiarity with mining and manipulating data.
The ideal candidate should have a background in analytics and statistics, the ability to foster relationships with staff across departments and be motivated to continuously achieve positive results. S/he should also be able to effectively handle ad hoc requests with little guidance.
- Develop effective business intelligence strategies and analytics solutions.
- Oversee analytics projects to extract, manage, and analyze data from multiple applications, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Apply statistics and data modeling to gain actionable business insights and boost productivity and revenue.
- Enforce company policies and procedures to ensure quality and prevent discrepancies.
- Communicate and track key performance metrics across departments.
- Identify business opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Generate reports of findings and present these to senior management.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and policies.
- Generate insights and storylines through translation of metrics and a deep understanding of our internal processes, customers, and products
- Present recommendations to senior leadership, and drive the “follow through” of those recommendations to ensure smooth execution with a diverse array of cross-functional partners
- Define critical KPIs and build core operating dashboards to help teams drive operational rigor and manage performance
- Solve and present complex problems in an understandable way to stakeholders, business leaders, and executives
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics or similar focuses.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience as an analyst with 5 years of those years in designing executive level dashboards
- Expert knowledge of Tableau, MS Excel and other BI analytics tools.
- Extensive knowledge of Tableau Server a plus.
- Must have advanced level understanding of dashboard design.
- Working knowledge of SQL (Impala), Python, SAP HANA, ETL, ELT, etc.
- Working knowledge of big data instances: Cloudera, Azure, Snowflake, and the like.
- Data Science and ServiceNow Performance Analytics experience preferred.
- Solid decision making, negotiation, and persuasion skills, often in ambiguous situations
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment and be able to adopt to changing requirements.
- Understanding of technology development projects and the full technology development lifecycle
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.