Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 12,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
The Qualtrics Employee Experience Engineering Team is seeking an outstanding Data Engineer to join the team to shape the future of EX insights discovery and understanding products. The ideal candidate will be passionate about contributing to the team growth through his/her expertise in utilizing big data technology to derive deeper and more impactful insights from a large variety of datasets. This person is also expected to work closely with the product management team to shape the future evolution of the product roadmap.
As a Data Engineer, you should be an expert with big data workflow(e.g. Data Modeling, Analytics, data warehouse/data lake design) and some experience with statistical analysis and ML are also desirable. You should have a deep understanding and experience of the state-of-art big data technology (e.g. Columnar, Spark, GraphDB, Python/R for data analysis). You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with the product management team to develop and define key customer use cases, and leverage the big data technology for engineering design/implementation to enable those use cases. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are also required as the person will work with diverse teams and be able to influence key-stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex customer problems and, above all, is passionate about data and analytics.
The Expectation for Success
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Data Science
- Solid experience in some big data tech (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, GraphDB and etc)
- Strong track record in converting data analysis into tangible and significant real-world changes in product.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is occurring and ambiguity is the norm.
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Prior strong experience of using Python/R for statistical analysis and machine model development.
- Experience working in very large data warehouse environments
A Day in the Life
- Interface with the product management team to define the product roadmap for EX insights product area.
- Model data, and apply transformation and analysis (BI analytics, statistical and ML) to experiment with insight discovery.
- Leverage state of the art big data technology to design and build the experience.
- Keep up to date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased needs.
- Mentor and develop other members of the team to promote the use of big data tech.
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.