Staff Database Engineer
We are looking for an experienced MariaDB/MySQL database engineer with a proven track record of troubleshooting the issues, bugs and performance of complex systems. Working with key members of our Cloud Development, Service Operations teams and Support, you will focus on the design, build, and run aspects of MariaDB database. The ideal candidate for this position is a software engineer with a strong background in database technologies, performance analysis, and have in-depth knowledge of MySQL/MariaDB features and configurations.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of MySQL/MariaDB database management and performance tuning
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL/MariaDB
- Understanding of MySQL's underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architectures
- Experience with developing test cases and prioritize testing activities
- Unix skills: including development, navigation, file manipulation, permissions, searching/finding files and text contents, and administrative actions
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Developing and deploying mission critical software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent technical discipline, or similar work experience.
- Eagerness to learn everything about the ServiceNow Platform
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid understanding and experience with databases mainly Mysql or MariaDB. Oracle DBA experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of schemas, table spaces, indexing, and database performance optimization
- Familiarity or knowledge of CentOS/RedHat operating system (admin/root level)
- Demonstrated experience leading individual projects, including scheduling and reporting
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.