The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
Our Analytics Platform is designed to explore and extract insights that our customers depend upon. Being the primary source for analytics within Qualtrics, our customers both internal and external depend upon us to provide accurate, real-time, and fault tolerant solutions to their ever increasing data needs.
The Analytics Platform builds highly performant scalable analytics solutions varying from data storage systems to computation and serving solutions. We utilize a plethora of open source and industry accepted technologies for our big data problems such as Apache Spark, Elastic, Amazon Web services, and Apache Kafka.
We are looking for a skilled senior engineer with an eye for building and optimizing analytic systems from the ground up. From data processing and storage, to serving and scale, we work closely with other engineering teams and product management to build consistent and highly available systems that solve real world data and scale problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- A strong level of curiosity paired with the ability to get things done.
- Strong algorithms, data structures, and coding background.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design document
- Experience with distributed systems and data processing technologies.
- Strong mathematical and/or computational background.
- Knowledge of open source/industry standard data processing, storage, and serving technologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to identify the root cause of issues.
A Day in the Life
- Focus on the development of cloud computing infrastructure at Qualtrics, and help build, distribute, scale and optimize these technologies
- Develop scalable, robust, and highly available micro services related to our data platform
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other engineers, tech-ops, and product managers
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers