Staff Software Engineer, Datastores at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:34 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
We are looking for Datastore Staff Engineers who are passionate about distributed systems, availability, and delivering customer value. Our Datastore Staff Engineers will maintain and automate all aspects of our datastore platform including infrastructure, tooling, and observability.
Ideal candidates have advanced datastore knowledge, and likely are DBAs with staff level software engineering and architecture.
- Collaborate with engineers and teams to build and automate datastore technologies and big data pipelines at the Platform level.
- Coach and mentor engineers at all levels up to their peer level.
- Help with design and development of architectural datastore usage and migration, ensuring good engineering practices are being applied.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 10+ years production datastore engineering experience.
- Are an expert with datastore internals for at least two of the following: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka.
- Demonstrable expertise working with Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services.
- Have experience developing large-scale schema migration solutions.
- Have experience in designing data pipelines at scale and understanding the flow of data from on space to a centralized data warehouse.
- Are proficient in Golang.
- Bring the right attitude to the team: ownership, accountability, and attention to detail.
- Know how to set up production observability using best practices, including logging, metrics, and tracing.
- Have experience managing infrastructure with Terraform.
- Have a working knowledge of Kubernetes and containerized applications.
- Understand regulations and laws such as HIPAA, SOC2, PCI, and GDPR.
- Have a good understanding of microservice architecture and best practices.
- Are experienced in building data migration solutions in a heterogeneous environment.
- Are currently located in Spain, Poland, France, the United States or the United Kingdom.
- #(GMT-4); #(GMT-5); #ES; #PL; #UK; #FR;
It’s not expected that a single candidate has expertise in all these areas. We’re looking for professional engineers, who can quickly learn and adapt as our systems and situation changes, rather than candidates with a rigid skill set.
You can learn more about our hiring process here.
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description