Supply Analytics Manager at Expedia Group
This manager will be part of Hotwire’s Supply Analytics team. This team is positioned as a retail analytics partner to the global supply organization, ensuring the health of Hotwire’s business model and to further identify future opportunity. We maximize the value of our inventory by evaluating where customers’ demand and hoteliers’ offer meets at best. The team is located in San Francisco and Seattle.
We are looking for an experienced Analytics Manager who will help the business understand commercial performance, and to analyze underlying drivers for measurable insights. You will build and provide insights and strategic guidance. To be impactful in this position, you have strong business sense and a proven history of a structured yet creative approach to solving complex problems. You are a self-starter and challenge the status quo! You will often times work with remotely located team members and across teams of broader analytics, strategy, marketing, product and supply functions. You will be challenged within a friendly and encouraging environment, and have plenty of opportunity to learn from & work with senior leadership team members!
What You'll Do
You will work as an individual contributor on the team, and support major initiatives with their expertise and skills.
- Jump into the deep analysis to tackle and solve complete root cause of performance drivers for our supplier partners and commercial performance of the company.
- Look for revenue opportunities and build business cases for our supply team to act on.
- Lead end-to-end multi-functional projects, influencing the decision makers and partners.
- Provide support to supply stakeholders during the strategic annual planning cycle and tackle other projects throughout the year.
- Work on special requests & ad-hoc analysis. Our team follows an agile, sprint-based process.
- Contribute to supply analytics strategy and share standard methodologies and practices with team members.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Economics, mathematics, engineering or other quantitative discipline required.
- Master's degree, MBA/MS or PhD are preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant analytics experience.
- Strong partner management skillset; engage, inspire and influence.
- Familiar with writing advanced SQL code and basic ETL.
- Familiar with Excel, Tableau, Looker, or similar reporting tool.
- Familiar with statistical tests.
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.