Technical Data Analyst
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
We are seeking a Data Analyst for our data science team. You will be working with data and internal clients to manage and analyze processes as part of our data science initiatives. In this role, you will be empowered to move quickly, learn cloud-based architectures, and work with the most comprehensive datasets on private equity, venture capital, and M&A.
Our data projects are complex and diverse. Our ideal candidate will approach a problem from many angles and understand the complexities before proposing and implementing the best solution.
What you’ll be doing
- Work on a cross-functional team including Data Scientists, Product Managers, Engineers, and Research
- Digging deep into the data in order to provide feedback and suggestions to our data scientists to help them improve their machine learning models
- Work collaboratively with internal clients to create and improve processes that provide training data for our Data Scientists and ensure high quality data
- Develop reporting and dashboards that inform business decisions and monitor use and effectiveness of machine learning models currently in production
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field like Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, OR demonstrated ability to handle complex problems using quantitative means
- Minimum 1-2 years of prior work experience
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL and MSSQL)
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills (Excel and Tableau)
- Experience providing reporting metrics and producing actionable insights to stakeholders
- Detail-oriented, committed to quality, interest in continuous learning of tools and technologies
Nice to haves/Desire to Learn
- Experience with at least one scripting language for data manipulation (Python, R)
- Experience working with AWS or equivalent cloud computing
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.