Technical Lead, Machine Learning
Today, there is a chronic and pervasive customer data problem -- one that’s preventing some of the world’s most loved brands from understanding and engaging their customers through meaningful and captivating customer experiences. Amperity has invented a way to solve this problem with the horsepower of a distributed data infrastructure and the intelligence of best-in-class machine learning algorithms and techniques. Amperity frees, connects, and makes customer data usable so brands can create extraordinary customer experiences at scale. This approach unleashes the creative potential of Amperity users, allowing them to excel at what they do and bring their best ideas to life.
Amperity is an early stage technology company, venture-backed by the early investors of Amazon, Facebook, LinkedIn, Spotify, Concur, FlipKart and many more. Our team of successful, repeat entrepreneurs is focused on building a company composed of top-tier talent and a suite of disruptive products that drive tremendous value for our customers and the consumers they serve.
The Machine Learning team empowers the data science solutions that lie at the heart of Amperity's solutions. As the Technical Lead for this team you have the opportunity to have organizational impact creating incredible value, excitement and opportunity for our customers and prospects.
- 5+ years software development experience with highly scalable systems involving machine learning or big data
- Excellent communication and math skills
- Significant demonstrable production deliverables incorporating data science elements
- Strong software skills in a JVM-based language
- Experience using a machine learning framework such as MLlib, H20 or scikit-learn
- Experience operationalizing in a full-stack environment, including taking on-call rotations and escalations
- Experience with distributed source control (Git, Mercurial)
- Experience delivering complex features and systems in a systematic manner
- Experience mentoring or managing more junior engineers, guiding both their technical and career growth.
- Experience managing (building, prioritizing, culling) area roadmap(s) in conjunction with product management.
- Experience planning and running sprints and/or agile process execution
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or mathematics
- Strong desire to learn and investigate new technologies
- Open-minded, inclusive, and motivated to make good decisions
Technologies We Use
- Open Source tools such as Accumulo, Spark, and Kafka
- A web stack based on ClojureScript and the React family of tools
- Cloud-first automation including Apache Aurora and SaltStack
- Random forests, logistic regression, and probabilistic databases
- Emacs AND vi!
- And more
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.