Threat Operations Analyst at ServiceNow (Remote)
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the entire process for Telemetry creation and change management from beginning to end.
- Create initial alert queries and validate output with stakeholders.
- Implement changes to existing alert queries for performance improvements, threshold adjustments or exclusion filters.
- Triage and prioritize telemetry requests based off risk, impact and complexity.
- Deploy telemetry changes into production using a formalized process, to include ServiceNow Security Operations module integration for security incident creation.
- Maintain telemetry inventory for regulatory and compliance audits.
- Create meaningful dashboards for detection patterns or behavior monitoring. This will sometimes require statistical analysis or advanced visualizations.
- Monitor performance of telemetry rules and remedy issues.
- Track progress and escalate problem areas when needed.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 2-3 years’ experience in information security. Preferably in the domains of Security Operations or Security Engineering.
- 1 year minimum of using Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL).
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Understanding of Windows and *nix operating systems, endpoint applications, networking protocols and devices
- Project management skills in order to track multiple updates with an organized method.
- Ability to understand log types from a variety of sources such as network devices, operating systems and application specific logs.
- Concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with the ServiceNow platform is a bonus.
- Knowledge and experience with industry standard vulnerability scanners is a bonus
- Experience conducting organization-wide vulnerability scanning and remediation processes is a bonus
- Proficient regex pattern matching skills is a bonus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.