Title Examiner - Colorado
We started with the knowledge and insight of a veteran title and escrow team, paired them with tech industry leaders, and gave them a clean slate – to build what title and escrow should be. We invented sophisticated back-office technology to streamline our closing process, and ensure every customer receives the same high level of service, every time. Then we created real-time views into that system with our mobile apps and desktop portal, so there’s no guesswork or uncertainty.
Our approach is simple. Title and escrow has transaction data, documents, and contacts. We know the transaction status. Why not share them, in real time, so we’re all on the same page? The results speak for themselves – we have grown 50% quarter over quarter in 2018. Ready to join the revolution?
Role and Responsibilities:
- Examine all documents in chain of title for validity to ensure property was transferred properly.
- Search electronic property records and determine instruments filed in public records affecting land.
- Determine and ensure that property has been researched properly and that information relating to parties involved and taxes are accurate.
- Review complex court cases utilizing advanced knowledge on legal descriptions and real property laws
- Audit premium calculations for accuracy.
- Review, update and process title commitments to ensure best in class quality and turnaround.
- Maintain current awareness and knowledge of changes in laws, regulations and procedures affecting real property
- Provide excellent customer service to Lending & Real Estate professionals as well as end consumers.
- 5+ years of title examination experience in the state of Colorado.
- Positive attitude and enjoy working in a team environment. Sense of humor preferred.
- Passion for innovation and disposed to continually seek process improvement in all aspects of the title and closing industry.
- Ability to perform tasks relating to title production and administrative duties with minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and organize workload.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, in person and by telephone.
- High level of proficiency with general office applications. (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel) and comfort with learning new applications as required.
- Inherent comfort level working in a startup environment where refinements, re-dos, level headedness, optimization and future focused perspective are always needed/required.
- ResWare and ValueCheck experience is a plus but not required.