Value Engineering Manager at Smartsheet
We’re looking for an individual contributor to help build our value engineering program, including consulting with customers on value potential and delivering findings and recommendations in a formal business case format. The successful candidate will leverage these insights and business case tools to help the sales team pursue and close larger, more strategic solution and platform sales. This person will be partnering with the Strategic Accounts and Commercial Sales teams, customers and Marketing to understand, build, test and deliver business cases and insights.
The successful candidate has experience executing value engineering programs that create the frameworks / benchmarks / models / tools that the sales team will use to demonstrate differentiated value. Additionally, this person has experience uncovering new insights from multiple data sources and synthesizing them into compelling models, pictures and stories that challenge customers to think differently about their problem, possible solutions and Smartsheet’s role in their success.
- Consult with customers on value potential and deliver recommendations
- Create related business case and value engineering sales tools
- Comfortable analyzing and turning data into pictures and stories
- Research and develop Challenger Commercial Insights
- Integrate Commercial Insights into business cases, selling tools and stories
- Proposal development and field sales support
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) or equivalent, MBA a plus
- 3+ years experience in enterprise software
- Experience in a value engineering role developing business cases for a sales team
- Experience establishing benchmarks, leveraging industry metrics
- Experience in a customer-facing sales or sales support role.
- Proven communicator with exceptional analytic, written, verbal and storytelling skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams on a variety of projects, problems
- Experience using Excel, Smartsheet, Tableau, and PowerBI to ask / answer questions with data
- Familiarity with CEB’s Commercial Insights or Corporate Vision’s ‘Power Messaging’
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Over 76,000 brands, and millions of information workers, trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution and address the volume and velocity of today’s collaborative work. Named to the Forbes “Cloud 100” list of the best private companies in cloud computing, and by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Smartsheet is used by over 96 of the Fortune 100 and maintains rich data integrations with mission-critical applications from Microsoft, Google, Salesforce, Atlassian, and many others.
Seattle Business: Washington's 100 Best Companies to work for (2015)
Geekwire Awards: Tech Titan (2016)
Among the Highest Rated Companies: Glassdoor and Battery Ventures (2016)
Puget Sound Business Journal: Washington’s Best Workplace (2017)
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.