Workday Development Engineer II (Reporting)
The Expedia People Technology Team is looking for a Workday Development Engineer II with a focus on Workday Reporting to support the Expedia Group Brands. In this role, you will be an integral part of a team dedicated to constantly improving the configuration, reporting and customization of Workday HRMS to meet Expedia’s global requirement.
This position combines expert-level proficiency in multiple Workday modules with the ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with Product Managers/ Technical Product Managers , turning broad requirements into deliverable work items and execute on them. The individual will also work with multi-functional teams to address system, interface, data and vendor issues. Finally the role will be extensively involved and responsible for design, development and maintenance of reports and dashboards using Workday Report Writer and other tools.
What you'll do:
- Participate in the design, analysis, development and deployment efforts for multiple application projects to solve complex human resources business problems.
- Design, develop and maintain reports and dashboards using Workday Report Writer in Workday
- Create standard, advanced, matrix and composite reports while understanding the business needs for specific business processes Ensure meaningful and actionable report output based upon the data sets included within targeted business processes. Validate and test reports to ensure accuracy.
- Lead and execute the full report development life cycle: Requirement gathering, Design, Build, Test and Deploy
- Serve as a Workday Reporting domain expert and provide guidance and consultation to HR stakeholders and partners
- Partner and collaborate with Developers, Product managers, Technical Product managers and Production Support Engineers to implement technical requirements.
- System Integration testing with other stream systems and Payroll vendor systems
Who you are:
- An individual with 5+ years of design/development and implementation experience with Human Resource Capital Management systems and 4+ years with Workday Core HCM.
- Have a minimum of 4+ years of industry experience with developing simple to complex custom reports for HCM module using the inbuilt Workday Report Writer tool.
- Have advanced Workday report writing experience, both in modifying delivered and creating custom reports, including composite reports, matrix reports, dashboards, etc. and high-level experience in complex calculated field builds
- Strong knowledge of Workday HCM/payroll/Comp data sources, business processes, objects and fields
- Knowledge of Domain, Role and User based security and the ability to maintain/configure security for the custom reports
- Strong knowledge of OOPS and SQL will be preferred.
- Have 2+ years of experience with integrating SaaS/Cloud-based ERP systems with other third-party service vendors.
- Experience with Core connectors, Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB)- Inbound and Outbound
- Knowledge/experience with Workday Web Services- Public Web Services, Report as a service.
- Understanding of Agile project methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban, required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in information science, computer science, business or equivalent work experience.
- Workday certification preferred but not required.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.