Workflow Planning Analyst at Zipwhip
We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP, or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology, and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures), and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration, and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
The CS Workflow Planning Analyst is responsible for ensuring multiple support teams meet service levels by staffing planning, work mix blending and call queue adjustments, and overall management of workflow across the Customer Support Organization (CSO). They will also support and enhance the performance of all internal intake channels within their portfolio with respect to optimal staffing of Customer and Technical Support Specialists.
The ideal candidate will possess both an optimization background that enables them to handle quantitative planning and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically about customer initiatives. The ideal candidate will be an analytical problem solver who is comfortable in an ever-growing, multi-tasked, high-energy environment.
In addition, they will need to be will be able to demonstrate high-quality customer experience, a high level of determination, enthusiasm, and an ability to manage communication and relations with multiple stakeholders including but not limited to Support Leadership, Success and Sales teams, Facilities and IT, Network Operations teams, People Ops, Training and other Internal teams.
What you’ll be working on:
- Primarily responsible for creating and maintaining schedules to achieve service levels and productivity goals for the teams .
- Develop and own short-term forecasts (STFs) that effectively deliver volume requirement to consistently achieve service level commitments .
- Lead weekly STF review meetings detailing the volume requirements for next week and providing direction to teams on optimizing or revisiting omits where needed, particularly relevant as Zipwhip scales .
- Collaborate with key business partners and stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement of workforce utilization and service levels
- React to changes in daily/weekly/monthly call volumes and handling times by determining the required staffing level changes to ensure delivery of service levels .
- Monitor systems, performance, and reporting and provide ongoing feedback to management and operations for continuous improvements to the service delivery standards.
- Monitoring actual staffing levels against plan and taking the relevant corrective actions as requirednot limited to requesting overtime, Cross skill support, shrinkage, shift changes to improve service levels .
- Effectively plan and monitor individual and team adherence to assigned schedule .
- Partner with Support Leadership to effectively plan non-productive activities and team shrinkage .
- Monitor adherence to key performance indicators, including AHT (Average Handling Time), non-production time usage, productivity and escalate any areas for development or recognition .
- Maintain team skill matrix for the CSO and management of Specialist profiles in ACD (Automated Call Distribution) system, scaling with growth .
- Connect and network with all relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to operations management, support leadership, quality assurance, and customer experience teams .
- Work in partnership with the Sales Revenue and Operations team to build strong relationships and promote consistency, and automation of the process .
- Support operations and team management with maintaining accurate records of planned and required headcount in each of the skills/team’s week over week. Keeps track of skills movements and Attrition to support in making decisions about internal movements/Job postings and Hiring .
- Responsible for Automating and maintaining reports to be used in reporting on service level misses. Also, automates tool that will enable completion of root cause analysis and production of corrective action plans for SL misses .
- Develop self-service solutions for Workflow’s primary stakeholders to reduce administrative overhead and increase time for value-adding activities, making the whole team more scalable and fit for future challenges .
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
The skills you’ll need:
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, analytics, statistics, or related fields and experiences .
- Understanding of workforce management programs .
- Excellent planning, time, and project management skills with the ability to deal with multiple demands on time and deal with ambiguity.
- Advanced analytical skills and should provide analysis support on the project and new initiatives .
- Ability to translate data into meaningful analysis and business insight .
- High attention to detail and ability to deep dive, identify root causes of variances; further, execute solutions once identified .
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and effective communication with stakeholders .
- Preferred Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience working in workforce management
- 1+ year experience using Microsoft Excel in a business environment
- Experience working in a global contact center forecasting voice, email, chat/text and/or back-office administration work
- Experience with previous workforce management software programs
- Working knowledge of relational databases not limited to Access, MySQL, Oracle and MS Office
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch meeting hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building diversity and inclusion
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.