Associate Creative Director (ACD)
As Associate Creative Director (ACD), you’re a hands-on designer and confident leader, directing the work of individuals and teams while committed to producing exceptional work.
At This Place, ACDs are role models for junior designers of all creative disciplines and have some direct management responsibilities. You’ll be leading a project team from conception through final design to create digital experiences and products for global brands. You’ll work closely with the Creative and Strategy Directors, interaction, visual, and communication designers to research and deliver compelling, user-centered solutions.
Does this match you, your talent, experience, and vision? If so, let’s talk!
- Manage the day-to-day workflows of multiple projects, working with the Directors to ensure that deadlines are met, and project goals are achieved
- Drive the creation of concepts, page-level designs and design-level prototypes for websites, applications, wearable devices, and interactive installations
- Identify which technologies are appropriate for given projects, and seek opportunities for experience and design innovation
- Lead by example, inspiring others with the quality of your own work, your ability to clearly articulate your vision and design decisions
- Mentor and participate in managing the careers of junior designers
- Assist with recruiting and hiring
- Initiate and maintain client relationships, and contribute to business development on your accounts
- Be an eloquent storyteller when presenting work to internal teams and clients, encouraging collaborative dialogue and building consensus around solutions
- Contribute to the development of best practices and standards at This Place
- 7 years professional experience in UX or Visual Design, designing digital products and interfaces, as well as websites, mobile, and web applications
- An online portfolio that demonstrates impeccable craft, creative problem solving and an eye for detail
- Proven ability to lead a team of multidisciplinary designers at a project level, and to manage and mentor junior creatives
- A capacity for strategic, conceptual, and associative thinking and the ability to translate this thinking into compelling work
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- Proficiency with existing interactive technology, and curiosity about emerging technologies
- Must be able to speak thoughtfully and persuasively about design
- Located within commuting distance of Seattle, WA (or willing to relocate)
- Ability to travel if, and when, required
This Place offers a generous benefits package!
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees
- Competitive salary and generous PTO policy
- Summer and winter conference
- 10 paid holidays
- Fun Fremont location
- Maternity/paternity benefits for those with at least 6 months of service