Creative Director, Brand at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:50 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry.
Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected truckers. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find the loads they want, keep their trucks full, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area - join us as we literally move the world forward!
What we're looking for:
As Creative Director of the Brand Design team, you'll lead the creators that define Convoy's brand voice and tone. Ensuring excellence across every deliverable, you'll empower your team to tell Convoy's story in fresh, inspiring, and exciting ways. Your team will implement your design strategy across a wide variety of devices and media while maintaining a cohesive presentation of our values and personality. You'll also grow the brand design team to fulfill your vision by attracting world-class creative talent.
In this role you will own the following:
- Partnering with creators and business owners from inside and outside the company to deliver exceptional customer experiences for our shippers and carriers
- Lead direction and design of all brand deliverables for digital and print media
- Definition and evolution of brand language in partnership with the creative team
- Drive efforts to establish a deep understanding of our customers, and how to communicate with them
- Building a team of experts that continually grow Convoy's brand
Your skills and experience:
- 10+ years experience in a design profession
- 3+ years experience as a creative director or brand design manager
- Strong experience driving brand strategy
- Deep knowledge of cross-platform customer communication methods and standards
- Deep knowledge of product marketing and product branding
- Deep knowledge of design systems, information architecture, and Material and iOS design languages
- Expertise with all necessary design software such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision
- Expertise with nuanced design processes for digital and print
- Portfolio with strong case studies for leading brand execution and evolution
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!