Creative Director Experience Strategy and Insight
projekt202 is the leader in experience-driven software strategy, design and development. We have spent over 15 years refining our unique methodology that combines deep user insight with collaborative design and development. As a result, our team creates better, more meaningful user experiences and innovative software for the world’s greatest brands, including Capital One, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services, Dell, The Container Store, Neiman Marcus, and many more. Our work is recognized by top industry analysts, including the experts at Gartner, who stated, “The perspective and processes projekt202 is focusing on and perfecting will, over time, become standard operating procedure for any application development project.”
Our team is passionate about user-centric design and development. We enjoy working together to share our expertise and solve our clients’ business challenges. At projekt202, we also have fun and enjoy hanging out with each other in a culture that supports and celebrates our diverse talents, backgrounds and skills.
We are looking for a talented Creative Director Experience Strategy and Insight who is serious about their craft to join our Seattle projekt202 team.
The Creative Director (CD) Experience Strategy and Insight (ESI) has experience with a wide variety of methods and paradigms that they leverage to demonstrate excellence in conducting observational fieldwork, developing insights, and crafting strategy from their findings.
Position Summary: The CD ESI focuses on supporting the Director of ESI with internal initiatives and team management responsibilities as well as running day-to-day direction for multiple client engagements. The CD ESI must have the important balance of having a great understanding of projekt202’s experience strategy and design methodology, strong internal and client communication skills and a good familiarity with the other service offerings of projekt202. Creative Directors are expected to work on client projects 80% of the time.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide direction and guidance on client engagements throughout projekt202’s Research and Design lifecycle
- Support Director ESI with internal creative initiatives •
- Lead, direct and manage Experience Researchers and Strategists including career development.
- Work with Program Managers (PM) to ensure client satisfaction and to ensure client projects have proper balance between quality, timeliness and profitability
- Actively support key business development efforts within a projekt202 location
- Meet on a regular basis with the VP of ESI, GM and local practice leaders to establish forward looking design-related business strategies and to facilitate ESI knowledge transfer
- Participate in ESI specific industry events such as conferences, speaking engagements, etc.
- Ensure research client deliverables are of the highest quality
- Ensure client satisfaction with QA of ESI teams creative direction and deliverables
- Work closely with Lead Researchers and Strategists and Program Managers to balance quality, budget and delivery schedule
- Work collaboratively with other Practice Leaders to ensure quality of project deliverables
- Provide direct management and career growth to a team of local UX junior and senior staff, including writing and conducting their performance reviews • Help the Director of ESI recruit, interview, build and maintain a strong local UX team
- Stay abreast of ESI best practices, research and design trends and techniques and ensure their application within the projekt202 location
- Supports the Director of ESI in public relations specific activities including, but not limited to:
- - Awards submission
- - Interviews
- - Speaking engagements
- - Strategic consultation
- - Conference panels and key notes o Internal p202 events
- Collaborate on at least a weekly basis with the Director of ESI, GM and other executives to monitor the status of and facilitate the completion of proposal work and other sales efforts
- Participate in key business development and sales events to help sell projekt202’s service offerings (primary emphasis on ESI work, secondary emphasis on other service offerings]
- Help Director of ESI create and maintain ESI-based sales and proposal material to support the above activities
- Help Director of ESI educate and improve the local office ESI senior staff’s ability to estimate future client work
- 5+ years of Experience Research experience in a professional services organization
- 3+ years leading client engagements with creative teams
- Highly motivated to excel and to drive excellence
- Master communicator and presenter, verbally and in print, and empathic listener
- Knowledge of, and experience within, the software development lifecycle
- Active problem solver
- Juggle competing priorities and provide structure for oneself and one’s teams
- Experience with leading workshops with staff and clients, driving to specific outcomes
- Proficient with design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Global Research Experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Previous consulting experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in a Relevant Field of Study or 10+ years’ experience in lieu of degree (i.e. Graphic Design, New Media, Liberal Arts, etc.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit www.projekt202.com or find us on Twitter @projekt202.
For more information please visit www.projekt202.com to hear from our leadership team on why you should join us on this amazing journey!
Direct applicants only, no agency submittals please.
At this time, projekt202 does not provide sponsorship.
Read Full Job Description