Creative Director + Manager at Yesler Inc.
The Yesler Creative Director (CD) supports the Executive Creative Director (ECD) to lead, inspire, motivate and provide vision and strategy to draw together Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters, Editors, Content Strategists, UX/UI Designers, Producers and Developers to produce immersive, intuitive, and interactive digital experiences, from concept to execution across multiple mediums.
The CD+M will also interact with a mix of executives, management, and account teams from Yesler and various client companies. Their focus will be on quality assurance, strategic resource planning, account and business management, best practice advisory, creative mentoring, meeting deliverable timelines, as well as the day-to-day support of their creative team.
The CD+M nurtures a team culture of positivity and boldness, not only within the creative work, but also within the development of the team capabilities, tools, processes, expectations, work style and other elements to ensure it is continually being refined. The position requires a strong understanding of all that is Creative (Writing, Editing, Design, Web – and how they work together), experience working in a digital-forward environment, and the ability to direct and effectively communicate this knowledge with the rest of the agency.
The CD+M brings a distinct point a view without personal ego, possesses strong business acumen, creativity is second nature, humility abound, focused on high quality standards, and the ability to foster internal and external relationships and partnerships.
- Ensures high quality of creative is upheld and maintain high standards for creative development, execution and attention to detail in all aspects
- Keeps up with new digital advancements and creative technologies; analyzes new creative trends and other creative disciplines that intersect with the agency
- Lead team to follow creative strategy, designs, and execute layouts to extend branding and programmatic marketing to an interactive audience through multi-device responsive best practices
- Provide creative direction for specialized area of creative-- for example: photographers, photo shoots, and other specialized vendors, and meets with clients to understand and make recommendations on project parameters, goals, and tactics
- Have a strong understanding of B2B marketing fundamentals and keep up with B2B marketing trends, technologies and strategies.
- Coach, counsel, mentor, and inspire internal creative team -- hire, develop, evaluate and retain quality creative talent (and manage any freelance talent when needed)
- Sets the standards for the creative team process of concept development, copywriting and storyboarding/comping for campaign development, presentations and client deliverables
- Partner with account strategists to provide strong conceptual, creative direction and collaboration for new business pitches to sell ideas and win new business by effectively communicating how a creative vision will help achieve goals
- Collaborate with business leaders to translate business goals into unique brand and product experiences
- Attend planning meetings with account teams to decide the strategic and creative direction of a client campaign
- Ensures that the creative function operates in an efficient and profitable manner; manage budgets, teams, timelines, and projects while working across several departments
- Expert in digital marketing, with the ability to write copy and design interactive and immersive experiences.
- Clearly articulates the creative strategy to the senior team and external partners
- Contribute to an energetic, collaborative, and productive work environment, while staying calm under pressure.
- Your application and pitch should be interesting and customized to your client, which is Yesler
- Portfolio link must be provided and up to date. Resumes will be declined without
- B2B Enterprise Tech industry experience a priority
- Proven business management experience a priority
- 10+ years of experience with increased responsibility within an advertising agency, studio, or corporate marketing environment. Experience in a digital agency preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing creative professionals and the creative process
- Technical knowledge of the entire marketing creative and production process, including reproduction, offset printing, various forms of specialty imaging, secure printing techniques, digital and social visual and copy best practices, photography, interactive design, and web best practices for responsive multi-device approach
- Ability to conceptualize with creative team members, and clients to produce a variety of ideas
- Strong copy writer and editorial eye for copy and design
- Able to interpret brand/line-of-business needs and to develop innovative, creative and results-oriented rich multi-media solutions.
- Expertise in typography, color theory and composition
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, persuasive negotiator, positive and innovative thinker
- Demonstrated ability to align creative strategies with Marketing direction
- Outstanding communication skills - written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal
- Strong project management skills - organized and able to multi-task with the ability to effectively prioritize and stay calm under pressure
- Able to review portfolios to recruit the best talent
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Arts, Multimedia Arts, Digital Communication, Marketing Communication, Fine Arts, and/or Interactive Design preferred
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat) uses for optimal creative delivery
- Advanced experience with standard compliant web design tools, such as HTML, XHTML, CSS, and other XML based applications preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Office Suite (PPT, Word, Excel, Visio)
- Strong knowledge of writing and designing for the digital realm (websites, landing pages, email marketing, etc.). This includes an understanding of the user experience, potential limitations, and areas that can be strengthened through creative execution
Yesler is a B2B marketing agency that blends strategy, creativity, and technology to build demand, engage customers, and grow revenue. From offices in Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia, and Toronto, we're a team of more than 200 strategists, designers, technologists, media experts, and analysts who are on a mission to change the marketing status quo. We take an integrated approach to serving the entire marketing organization-not only the strategies, content, and programs to create demand but also the infrastructure, operations, and project management required to execute, measure, and optimize for results.
Yesler has been recognized as a great place to work, and the awards keep rolling in. We've earned more than 19 Best Workplace Awards over the last decade, placement on the Inc. Magazine list of America's Fastest Growing Companies for five years in a row, and we were named one of the Top 50 B2B Marketing Agencies by Chief Marketer in 2016 and 2017.
Our mission is to positively impact the people we work with, the people we work for, and the communities we live in. We support our mission by providing an inclusive environment where all are empowered to share their diverse perspectives and experiences, so we can ultimately be better together.
Our policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, and internships are not based on a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status. We strongly encourage women, people of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
Visit yesler.com to learn more, or follow us on Twitter @yeslerb2b.