Creative Manager (Associate Creative Director)
New Engen is seeking a hands-on creative manager to join our team as a team lead, strategist, creator, mentor and consultant for the New Engen brand and marketing efforts. You’ll lead creative solutions for our highest priority marketing initiatives, partner with marketing and sales teams to generate powerful creative ideas to complex problems, and be a part of the driving force to scale our business through brand presence and lead generation. You’ll be successful here if:
- You can see the creative potential in dry numbers and technical software – and can’t wait to bring those ideas to life.
- You can balance an effective “get things done” attitude with a high bar for quality.
- You’re entrepreneurial and ready to join our growing team of laid-back, trustworthy nerds.
- You have a growth mindset about your work – you’re interested in testing and learning into order to make your contributions as effective as possible.
- You’re people-focused and eager to support our goal to make New Engen an amazing place to work.
- Creative leadership
- Lead brainstorms. Develop and present creative strategy.
- Empower team members to own and elevate their own work.
- Partner with stakeholders across marketing, sales and product teams to remove roadblocks and move quickly in collaboration
- Manage the creative team responsible for New Engen’s brand expression, including advertising, website, conferences, and sales pitches.
- Provide mentorship, 1:1s and performance reviews, and keeping valued team members actively engaged
- Keep your team busy, but never buried. Maintain open and productive communication across creative, marketing and sales teams, operating with a spirit of service but also setting expectations when necessary to keep workloads healthy.
- Partner with marketing/sales teams to appropriately scope and prioritize new creative requests/ideas. Recognize projects that require expanded capabilities, resources, and investments vs. opportunities for scrappy, rapid experimentation. We’ll want to do both.
- Assign work, review creative work and provide actionable, developmental feedback to promote the ongoing quality, efficiency and performance of New Engen’s brand
- Creative execution
- Run a player/coach mentality: leading brainstorms, elevating conceptual thinking, and breaking through roadblocks for your team, as well as getting your hands into the work and bringing interesting ideas to life with beautiful, bar-setting execution.
- Run point on the highest priority creative initiatives, starting in Q1 with advertising concepts and designs to drive lead generation, and extending to conference collateral, brand guide updates.
- Inspiring digital creative portfolio and comfort with hands-on work
- 10+ years of professional experience in a creative field
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Education or experience in marketing creative, or related industry
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and drive to keep learning, regardless of career stage
- Patience with endless marketing acronyms