Creative Project Manager
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
To put it bluntly there isn't a position more critical to a creative team than a Project Manager. PM's bring order to chaos, keep the team tracked to timelines, scrutinize the details, sweat the small stuff, geek out on the budget and makes the overall process smooth. Nay, they make the process fun. They connect the left brain with the right and have the knack for communicating to product development and creative directors alike. We like to think of them as ambassadors in the never ending war between it's-gotta-look-good and it's-gotta-come-in-on-time-and-on-budget. If your inner bullet-pointed heart just skipped an Excel spreadsheet, then read on...
Axon is growing again by adding a Creative Project Manager to its team. This role serves the creative team in a vast array of projects including digital, video, copy, experiential, VR, social and everything in between. The Creative Project Manager is a master in helping people adhere to timelines, developing a tracking and accountability system designed for quantity across a variable amount of products and services. Beyond quantity, we want our PM's to have an active role and voice in quality. They don't allow work to just be shoveled through the system; they want the DNA of what we do and why we do it to be felt in the work.
Who are you?
You are organized, you can communicate effortlessly and succinctly to anyone in the room. You offer up creative solutions without compromising the core objective. You are an inventor of process and are always tweaking the engine to make it work harder. You've got about 3-5 years of experience doing this, be it at an agency, studio or internal creative team.
Who are we?
Axon's mantra is to Protect Life by using technology to develop new products and software for public safety. We are an imaginative bunch who are motivated to solve some of the world's most controversial problems. We want to end killing by making the bullet obsolete. We want to make school shootings the thing of the past. We want automate paperwork so police officers can spend more time in communities to make them better, stronger and more connected. We want to streamline the justice system with more access to video to make it more efficient. Our goals are audacious, but we're making headway and we have enough passion and momentum to keep us focused for at least the next decade.
Your Day to Day
- Resource management: Align capacity of the team and resource accordingly. Ensure that scope has been considered and develop work-back schedules with detailed check-in's and mandatories.
- Grow and maintain strong relationships with the greater Axon team. You are the link to the work. This means understanding priorities and establishing healthy boundaries between what can get done vs what should get done. Saying “no” is both an art and a discipline and you know how to do it while offering up alternative solutions.
- Work diligently with external teams (creative and otherwise) and connect them with our internal project infrastructure.
- Facilitate project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc,), communicating action steps. Ensure all stakeholders have up to date, day to day reports and project milestones. Keep all of us accountable and never let us off the hook.
- Continually ask the questions we never thought to ask so everyone understands the needs for projects that may at times be ambiguous.
- Bachelors Degree and 3-5 years experience as a Creative Project Manager/Producer in a digital design or marketing/advertising industry or similar role.
- Experience with all forms of digital marketing, including mobile, web, and social. Experiential, print and VR a plus.
- Relentlessly high standards for quality.
- A fantastic “untangler” with the ability to take disjointed, chaotic thoughts and put them into a coherent brief.
- Ability to work cross-team, facilitating questions between team and client masterfully.
- Ability to use data and metrics to measure the performance of design efforts, determine improvements and innovations.
- Understanding of creative best practices and digital creative development.
- Strong excel skills and experience working with project management software.
- Isn't a jerk. No really; we want to work with nice people who are equally assertive.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description