Design Director, Mobile App Design
We believe travel enriches our lives and connects us to each other. Join a diverse group of passionate design, product and technology folks, dedicated to building experiences that help people enjoy more of the world. We’re enthusiastic about creating the most beautiful and useful mobile experiences in the world - come join us.
We believe universal design is the best design and design for people of all abilities.
We’re looking for self-motivated problem-finders, who can help us craft and improve customer experiences on a global scale for travelers, across devices and platforms, in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
What you'll do:
- As a Design Director for Mobile, you will lead a team through the alignment of design strategy to the delivery of detailed executions. You and your team will work to improve Expedia’s mobile apps and services for millions of our customers worldwide, every day.
- Do you love to inspire and build teams of designers, content strategists and researchers in the creation of delightful, easy to use experiences that drive business objectives?
- Do you thrive when partnering with business and engineering to align on problems, evaluate success criteria and prioritize an efficient roadmap?
- Do you enjoy designing across iOS and Android mobile platforms?
- Are you the type of leader to ground your work in real-world data, research and analytics; you evaluate competitors and innovative products, designs and technology approaches to generate ideas and validate through testing?
- You think about design as a system, contributing to and maintaining pattern libraries as a way to influence both quality and efficiency for products. Do the following phrases describe you and your passions?
- Enthusiastic about beautifully designed app experiences.
- An ambitious product designer, able to lead and develop a team to design innovative features and cohesive products from analytics, customer feedback, internal brainstorms, and business objectives.
- Skilled at getting big things done in a big company, by partnering with Expedia engineering, marketing, etc.
- Creative. Redefining travel isn’t easy!
- Technically savvy and willing to dive into the details to make the product excellent.
- 10+ years of professional design experience
- Degree in a relevant field (human-computer interaction, graphic design, interaction design, computer science, or communications)
- Portfolio demonstrating tasteful use of typography, color, imagery, grid systems, and well-crafted animation/transitions
- Portfolio demonstrating sound product-thinking through navigation, user flows, interaction design and information architecture
- Expertise in native mobile design systems and responsive/adaptive design techniques
- Voice and natural user interface experience a plus.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.