Design Director, Product
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected truckers. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find the loads they want, keep their trucks full, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area - join us as we literally move the world forward.
What you'll be doing:
As Design Director of the Carrier Product team, you'll lead design to ensure our carrier mobile and desktop tools empower our truckers. You'll partner with directors and principals in the space to create a cohesive, empathetic vision for every driver by increasing their earnings and eliminating empty miles. You will be a major contributor in defining Convoy's design culture and help build design community while attracting incredible talent. Ensuring excellence, you'll drive your team to create a platform with unparalleled service and features.
You will have ownership of:
- Partnering with product, engineering, data science, and design leadership to create world-class customer experiences for our truckers
- Direction for all product deliverables in the carrier space
- Driving appropriate Integration of brand language within our carrier platform
- Driving efforts to establish a deep understanding of our carriers and educating internal stakeholders on how to communicate with them
- Building a team of experts that continually evolve Convoy's carrier offering
You have the following skills and experiences:
- 10+ years experience in a UX or Product Design role
- 3+ years experience as a Design Director or UX Design Manager
- Deep knowledge of cross-platform customer communication methods and standards
- Deep knowledge of UX research and appropriate application of methodologies
- Deep knowledge of design systems, information architecture, and Material and iOS design languages
- Strong experience driving brand strategy within product
- Expertise with design software such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma and InVision
- Experience partnering with marketing stakeholders to deliver on product marketing deliverables
- Portfolio with strong case studies of leading successful product design and evolution
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters. Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you are a collaborative teammate who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you.
Read Full Job Description