Design Director, Unified Design System (UDS) at Expedia Group
We believe travel enriches our lives and connects us to each other. Join a diverse group of passionate design, product, and technology folks dedicated to building experiences that help people enjoy more of the world. We’re enthusiastic about building the most beautiful and useful experiences for people of all abilities around the globe. Come join us.
We’re looking for ambitious problem-seekers that love leading in a collaborative environment. Expedia is focused on improving traveler experiences on a global scale across devices and platforms. We will make travel a little better every day thanks to you and your team!
- Do you love building and managing teams that develop easy-to-use systems, nurture healthy partnerships, and strive for delightful user experiences that drive business objectives?
- Do you come alive when crafting strategic plans and road-mapping delivery with design, product, marketing, and engineering leaders?
- Do you ground your work in real-world data through research, analytics, evaluation of competitors, innovative products, design and technology approaches in order to generate and test ideas?
As the Design Director for UDS (Unified Design System), you will lead our organization through the lifecycle of our design system — defining its strategy and operating model, scaling our system to new problem spaces, cultivating our self-sustaining community of contributors, and iteratively evaluating and improving our overall approach.The following phrases describe you and your passions:
- Thinks about design as a system, contributing to and clarifying scope for processes and libraries that influence both quality and efficiency
- Appreciates and critically evaluates beautifully-designed brands and experiences and willing to dive into the details behind them
- Both visually and technically-minded and facilitates the creation of manual and automated processes that build phenomenal design
- Designs scalable approaches for cohesive experiences across a family of global teams, marketplaces, brands, and device types
- Gets big things done in a big company through collaborative roadmaps, clear prioritization, predictable releases, and sustainable staffing plans
- Thrives when facing challenging design problems and seeks answers in sometimes unconventional approaches
- 10+ years of professional design, 5+ years of management experience
- Portfolio demonstrating principled, tasteful typography, color, imagery, layouts, animations in design systems and user experiences
- Portfolio demonstrating sound product thinking through navigation, user flows, interaction design, and information architecture
- Expertise in accessibility, performance, adaptive design, and technical capabilities in both web and native mobile environments
- Degree in a relevant field a plus (human-computer interaction, graphic design, interaction design, computer science, or communications)
- Voice, chat, and messaging user interface experience a plus
About Expedia, Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
#LI-AMCExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.