Designer at Assurance
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:41 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Assurance is a fast-paced startup in the insurance industry operating under the security of a 145 year old company, Prudential Financial. We are looking for a talented and hungry designer to help tackle direct-to-consumer marketing creative opportunities. This role will work out of Assurance's offices in Bellevue (soon to be Seattle), WA.
What you'll do:
- Partner with marketing team to produce creative and effective advertising that drives business results.
- Create award winning digital advertisements to canvas the internet.
- Craft interpersonal emails that give users pause, and then click.
- Design landing pages that are symbiotic with the aforementioned art.
- Create work across multiple brands and products (never get bored).
What you might do:
- Create video ads and animated gifs to grab attention and drive action.
- Print design, some things never go out of style
You need to have:
- A strong understanding of design principles including layout, typography, and color theory.
- HTML/CSS skills (familiarity with Bootstrap and Responsive design).
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- A portfolio of visually consistent branded advertising and marketing work across various channels such as email, web, mobile, and print that you're proud to share with us. Include a link in your application
You might have:
- A flair for writing fun and engaging copy
- Experience working with marketing teams
- Experience working in a conversion-oriented, A/B testing environment
- Figma / Sketch (UI Design)
- Motion design skills (ie. Adobe After Effects)
At Assurance, we hire experts in their field, and we give them the independence and trust to build based on their expertise. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
What Assurance Offers
At Assurance, we strive for audacious goals, and we’re relentless in our pursuit to be the very best we can be, personally and professionally. Our benefits program is intended to enable every Assurance employee to be the best version of themselves. Our culture clears the way for you to challenge yourself and achieve the impossible. Learn more about what makes Assurance
Trust and Autonomy
At Assurance, we hire experts in their field, and we give them the independence and trust to build based on their expertise. We find that brilliant people, given this freedom and trust, will collaborate to build far more amazing things than they could ever be directed to create.
Drive to Innovate
We don't settle for the status quo – we're a team of innovators who believe that there’s almost always a better way. We operate on first principles – we challenge commonly held assumptions to create new and better solutions from scratch. In our short history we’ve made a lot progress with this mentality, launching new business lines and innovative products constantly. Following our historic acquisition by Prudential, we have more support than ever to innovate and change the world of insurance and financial services.
We leave ego at the door and work together to uncover the truth. We prioritize what is best for the whole and avoid focusing on what is best for the individual. We all care about achieving goals more than looking good, and we're eager to constantly be learning from each other.
Flexible Working Environment
Your schedule and working hours are up to you at Assurance. We care more about results than when and where you get your work done, and we find that a flexible schedule can help alleviate the stress of a rigid work-life balance.
Unlimited Time Off
We work hard, so it’s important that we take time to refresh and reset when we need it. We empower our employees to take the time that make sense for them.
Nutritional Snacks and Weekly Lunches
We encourage a healthy lifestyle for employees in all ways that we can, and we don’t want it to be tough to find sustenance when you’re hard at work! We provide healthy, nutritional snacks throughout our office, and outstanding local coffee. We also host a weekly lunch, featuring top local restaurants, to accompany our all-company meeting.
We want to make sure it’s easy for you to get to and from work, so we a provide free public transportation or greatly subsidized parking close to our office.
From the beginning, our founders believed that beautiful, open, inspiring spaces lead to energy and creativity. We seek beautiful office spaces in all of our locations, and in 2020 we’ll be taking occupancy of a stunning new office on the top two floors of Madison Center in downtown Seattle – this space features floor to ceiling windows with stunning 360 degree views of the Puget Sound, and an exclusive private rooftop deck.
Competitive Health Benefits
Access to high quality healthcare is core to our business, and we care that our employees don’t have to worry about visiting a doctor. All employees receive competitive health, dental, and vision benefits packages.
Choice of High-End Equipment
We want to make sure you’re empowered to create amazing things. We give new employees the option of a variety of high-end computers and accessories.
We believe in the importance of investing in yourself in a variety of ways, including financially. We offer a strong 401k plan, with options to invest in traditional, Roth, and after-tax options, all backed by a best-in-class platform from Prudential.
Read Full Job Description