Director of Creative Services at Trupanion
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Leading provider of medical insurance for pets, Trupanion, is looking for an experienced and strategic Director of Creative Services to lead a newly formed team that will operate as a creative “agency” within Trupanion.
This position will be instrumental in building and growing the new team, leading and providing strategic guidance, coaching, and direction to creative talent, and ensuring that all output of the group aligns to the Trupanion Brand as it evolves.
The ideal candidate will be an innovative and creative self-starter who enjoys building teams. The Creative Services Team will eventually serve as the creative hub for the entire organization, so establishing a framework and achieving excellence in creative standards and execution will be key. The team will consist of B2B and B2C focused copywriters, designers, content producers and strategists with both print and digital expertise. This leader will have both B2B and B2C experience, are comfortable with both print and digital and understand the importance of brand consistency and alignment.
Reporting to the Head of Conversion, this position is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated creative professional who’s ready to roll up their sleeves for their next career challenge and excited to make a difference in a market on the verge of mass-market expansion.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of success with creative direction and brand marketing, well-honed project management and operational skills, and the ability to lead teams that produce materials and content for use across multiple digital and print channels for diverse audience groups. They will have brand marketing experience and ensure that all team output is in alignment with the brand. Under the Director of Creative Services leadership, the Creative Services Team will manage and execute multiple project requests and ensure that all key partners are receiving the desired service levels.
If you’re seeking a genuine challenge, eager to get things done, work from the ground up and hungry for a truly rewarding position, this could be the right role for you.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Develop long term creative vision and strategy that aligns with the ongoing evolution of the Trupanion brand
Lead, develop and grow a team of creative talent by providing guidance and coaching on best practices and innovation in the creative space.
Provide direction and expand/evolve processes and guidelines for project submissions and execution
Craft and deliver feedback and guidance related to copy, design and content production to teams that will execute
Understand how to work with and give feedback and direction to creative talent
Collaboration cross-functionally with strategic channel leads and other key partners
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
The right candidate will have
- 5+ years as a Creative Director
- 5-10 years of Brand Marketing/Brand project experience
- Extensive project management experience
- Experience working at an agency or in a team that operates under an agency model
- B2B, B2C, print and digital experience
- Experience working with creative leads (design, copy, content) – solid understanding of how to provide guidance and direction and how to collaborate to get content and assets produced within a set timeline
- Content production experience (video, editing)
- Confident, self-motivated individual with a strong, demonstrable bias for action, leadership, and teambuilding
- Experience managing cross-functional campaigns (on and offline)
- Former experience with budgetary control and management
- Willingness to be a great teammate and a leader
- A strong sense of fun, empathy, and impact
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.