Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, the Flexport User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, and operations teams. We are seeking a design leader with a strong product vision to elevate the current offering and formulate a compelling business and research supported roadmap for the future. This individual sets a high bar for UX quality and knows how to consistently execute at that level. As a key stakeholder in the product development process, much collaboration will be required with Senior Leadership and the broader UX team. To be successful, this leader must be relentlessly curious, embrace change, think deeply, and communicate clearly. Join us as we lay the foundation of our vision for global trade.
As a Design Director on the App Platform team you and your team will focus on building products and frameworks that help our product teams build consistent and cohesive experiences. A key responsibility will be maintaining and evangelizing Flexport’s design language across our entire line of web and mobile products. Your team will be responsible for evolving our shared design components, visual style, and documentation. In pursuing this mission, you’ll empower teams throughout Flexport to build cohesive and scalable experiences in an efficient manner by maintaining design specifications, patterns, and reusable components.You will:
- Help formulate the product vision for your product area.
- Hire, coach, and mentor excellent product designers.
- Inspire your team to push the boundaries towards innovation.
- Help designers collaborate with their Product, Engineering, Research, Data and Business counterparts.
- Be a strong partner to your Product, Engineering, Research, Data and Business peers.
- Align team priorities and deliverables to the company’s overall strategic goals.
- Collaborate closely with your Design peers at Flexport to ensure we create a consistent and cohesive overall product.
- Ensure your team leverages and contributes to the Flexport Design System.
- Help evolve our current product design to align with Flexport’s brand in collaboration with the Brand Team.
- Help elevate Flexport’s Design community, culture, and processes.
- Demonstrated long term thinking around strategic and business focused activities.
- Shipped many successful software products, ideally both desktop and mobile.
- 10+ years of professional experience, of which 5+ years is in management.
- Extensive experience conducting and/or collaborating with user research and data science to leverage their respective insights.
- Managed senior individual contributors.
- Experience building a team of 10 or more.
- Proven ability to lead through multiple levels of management leadership, and steer an organization.
- Have experience managing geographically and globally distributed teams
- Have worked on design systems in the past
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.