Expedia Group’s Global Customer Operations (GCO) is changing what customer service means in the online travel business. By utilizing data and customer intelligence we are innovating and changing how our travelers are supported before, during, and after their trips. Our applications that are built on that platform simplify complex business rules and processes via workflow automation and intelligent bot interactions. The applications we develop are utilized by a large network of customer service agents and business partners.
Are you a Design Leader searching for a company and an organization where you will be in the midst of a transformation? You are inspired by ambiguity and change. You get excited when faced with hard to solve design problems. You love to drive a product design strategy across a range of products. You are an entrepreneur that is excited by invention. Then look no further. GCO is in the throes of redefining the next-generation customer service workflows and applications – all with customer centricity at the helm – motivated by state-of-the art artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Who you are:
- 15+ years professional experience as a user experience designer or UI designer. As well as 10 years’ experience directly leading and hiring a team of UX designers.
- Knows how to use data to drive decisions – always putting the customer first – while understanding the impact the decisions have to the business.
- Have simultaneously driven the vision for a portfolio of products.
- Experience conducting or leading user research efforts for a minimum of 5 product releases.
- Interaction, visual, UX design and user-centered design expertise with a propensity towards simplification.
- Demonstrate standard methodologies for web- and mobile-based information architecture and design and experience designing for desktop.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and ability to analytically defend your design decisions.
- Proficient in standard design tools including Photoshop and Illustrator, Sketch, Invision, and Axure as well as a working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and responsive layouts.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates a strong user experience skill-set for large scale projects (please provide a link to your portfolio).
What you will do:
- Provide thought leadership for multiple products.
- Manage several managers of a growing UX design group, as well as provide career growth guidance and mentorship.
- Ensure team delivers high-quality work, on time.
- Synthesize complex, and often ambiguous problems and business requirements into simple and usable features in a fast-paced, agile development environment.
- Understand target customers deeply: develop or work from customer profiles & conduct task analysis, usability studies, create user scenarios, help to create and analyze user surveys and feedback.
- Pitch design vision, with your team, for your product areas to leadership, product team, engineering team, and external partners for review and feedback.
- Uphold and maintain a high standard and consistency for our products and experiences.
- Assess UX processes throughout the development lifecycle, figure out where improvements can be, and put changes into motion.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.