Enterprise Product Designer at Ookla
Ready to challenge yourself to dive deep and think big? Ookla, the company behind Speedtest and Downdetector, is a team of passionate individuals who have turned clever ideas into unique products and a thriving business. Globally, millions of tests are performed every day across the Speedtest ecosystem on the web, desktop and mobile apps, embedded in routers and deployed in thousands of servers. With all that usage comes countless ways to dissect and analyze our data, and plenty of exciting opportunities to optimize our monetization strategy. It also gives us the ability to help make the internet better, faster and more accessible for everyone. If you crave the chance to do your best work in a flexible work environment where we value individuality and fun as much as we value talent, we want to hear from you.
Ookla has a small but mighty design team that works with all departments and is a part of almost all projects. Our flagship products are used by billions of people. The design team flexes between consumer and enterprise audiences on projects that include everything from, marketing websites and collateral to data visualizations and brand identity systems. The design team takes pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences in all of their projects. The team is looking to hire a Sr. Product Designer. This person will work on projects such as our enterprise dashboards, data analysis tools, and popular consumer applications like Speedtest and Downdetector. They will also be asked to fill in on marketing related projects or other unique design related initiatives. If you are looking for an opportunity to evolve and guide the growing product vision, Ookla’s Sr Product Designer role might be the perfect fit for you.
We are people first, employees second at Ookla, and we know there is no one perfect path to any job. If you’re excited about the work we’re doing and think you have a creative new approach, please apply whether or not your experience matches the job description. We strongly believe diversity of all kinds makes us better. We are an equal opportunity employer actively working to build an inclusive workforce at all levels of the company. [Read our latest diversity report here].
Expectations for Success
- Be able to own a complete design project from product brief, requirements gathering, research, user flows, wireframing, visual design, high fidelity prototyping and getting it all handed off for development.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, techniques and technologies, but be able to design around the trends instead of following
The heading says “requirements” but we’re looking for the right person not the exact list. If your life experience prepares you for similar challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- A portfolio demonstrating your design work.
- Proficient in all industry standard software. We use the Adobe suite, Sketch, and Figma.
- Strong design fundamentals (typography, composition) and strong visual design sensibility.
- Experience shipping products and iterating towards improvement; while fostering a passionate curiosity to better understand the users.
- Solid understanding of designing for responsive devices.
- Principle knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS and mobile development languages.
- Nice to have: motion graphics, animation or video experience.
We offer competitive compensation, flexible schedules, transit passes, on- and off-site happy hours, team activities, lunch on Wednesdays and an office kitchen full of snacks (when it is safe to be at the office again). Our comprehensive benefits package includes 401(k) matching, unlimited paid vacation and sick time, ESPP options, health/dental insurance coverage and a stand-out parental leave. We make sure you have the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work, and we provide excellent flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. Visit [our Built In Seattle page] for even more information.Location
While our preference is to have this person located in Seattle where our headquarters is, Ookla is a remote culture first and we believe in being able to work from wherever you are.