At projekt202, we are focused on creating experiences that engage, innovate, disrupt and delight. Our team is passionate about user-centric design and development and enjoys delivering amazing concepts and technical solutions for our courageous clients. We enjoy working together to share our expertise and solve our clients’ business challenges. We have fun and enjoy hanging out with each other in a culture that supports and celebrates our diverse talents, backgrounds and skills.
What you care about
*You draw energy from human interaction. You're confident but not pompous.
*You are driven to know more, to know why, to ask what if.
*You're a born collaborator, and truly appreciate the perspectives of other brains. You respect and attract your colleagues and client's opinions. You believe that you very well might not know the answer. You ask great questions.
*You thrive in uncharted territory. The uncertain and unknown are your playgrounds. Your personal compass pushes you out of your comfort zones. Your leadership inspires your colleagues and earns the respect of our clients.
*You are a communicator. You are able to take an ask and turn it into understandable and actionable ideas. You break down the complex into the simple.
The Experience Director (XDir) focuses on supporting the Director of UX (DUX) with internal creative initiatives and creative team management responsibilities as well as running day-to-day creative direction for multiple client engagements. The XDir must have the important balance of understanding and advocating for true human centered design, strong internal and client communication skills, and a good familiarity with the other service offerings of projekt202. Experience Directors are expected to lead and work on client projects while mentoring and managing Experience Designers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Actively supports key business development efforts and sales events within a projekt202 location
- Scopes approach and estimates level of effort per engagement.
- Collaborate on at least a weekly basis with the DUX, GM and other executives to monitor the status of and facilitate the completion of proposal work and other sales efforts
- Provides creative direction and guidance on client engagements throughout projekt202’s project lifecycle
- Works with Program Managers (PM) to ensure client satisfaction and to ensure client projects have proper balance between quality, timeliness and profitability
- Works closely with other Experience Director’s, Program Managers, and other practice leads to balance quality, budget and delivery schedule
- Provides leadership, direct management and career growth to the local UX team, including writing and conducting their performance reviews, making recommendations for promotion, compensation reviews, and mentoring other designers
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Five or more years of UX experience preferably with a consulting company
- Five or more years leading digital client engagements with creative teams
- Experience designing and leading efforts for software applications, preferably at enterprise level
- Juggle competing priorities and provide structure for oneself and one’s teams
- Proficient with design & prototyping tools such as Sketch & Invision
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in a Relevant Field of Study is Preferred (i.e. Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, New Media, Engineering, Liberal Arts, etc.)
*Go to www.projekt202.com to learn more, watch videos and explore what makes us one of the premier experience driven design & dev companies
**At this time, projekt202 will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If this sounds like you, let's talk. Please visit www.projekt202.com to hear from our leadership team on why you should join us on this amazing journey!
Direct applicants only, no agency submittals please.
At this time, projekt202 does not provide sponsorship.
Read Full Job Description