Graphic Designer at Accolade
Accolade at a glance…
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
The Graphic Designer, reporting to Sr Manager, Program Design & Engagement, is responsible for supporting all design needs for Accolade’s member engagement initiatives. This includes designing for diverse formats and channels, including print, web-based and digital communications. The Graphic Designer, Member Engagement will have the opportunity to work on high-impact, multi-channel member engagement programs; their responsibilities will span from high volume production design of various programs to leading visual identity for Accolade’s member brand.
A day in the life…
· Produce a high volume of visually compelling e-mails, direct mailers, brochures, posters, web banners/graphics, and other communications, primarily using current templates.
· Use templates to create customer-specific versions of communications materials.
· Ensure that all designs carry through all Accolade visual elements.
· Partner with others on the member engagement team to test and optimize visual display, with a focus on outcomes-based testing (e.g. pre-testing, A/B testing, and rapid iteration).
· Lead new approaches for member communications designs, and then develop new templates based off of those plans, as well as other needs and on-going testing.
· Manage external print vendors, including cost estimates, production specifications and color/image proofing.
· Work closely with the engineering team to enhance designs for end user experience and to trouble-shoot any design issues as assets are translated from design to being built in implementation platforms.
· Drive continual process improvement in the development and execution of member engagement programs, working in partnership with the Member Engagement Team.
· Partner with and assist member engagement team in the implementation of programs, including email, phone and in-person communications with customers
· Own Accolade’s member facing communication visual brand
· Collaborate closely with designers from UX and Marketing teams to keep the member facing brand aligned across all platforms and communication methodsQualifications
What we are looking for…
· Bachelor's degree in design or related field
· 2-4 years of experience in a graphic design role in an in-house or agency setting
· Fluidity with both Mac & PC
· Advanced proficiency in Adobe CS5 or higher (particularly InDesign, XD, Photoshop & Illustrator)
· Expert in Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Keynote
· Able to create compelling digital and print materials, including emails, direct mail/postcards, posters, and infographics
· Experience with the printing process/able to manage print vendors
· Excellent communications skills (written and oral)
· Representative portfolio will be required for review
· A team player – Capable of working effectively with individuals throughout the organization
· Highly creative – Able to translate complex concepts into simple graphics and visuals
· Self-directed – Able to operate under pressure and manage multiple projects under deadlines
· High-energy, can-do attitude – Thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
· Flexible – willing to support the team on projects and initiatives outside of core design responsibilities (e.g. assisting with implementation of member engagement programs with customers)
· Knowledge of Flash/animation/motion graphics, Web design, is a plus
· Strong plus for experience with video
· Interest in healthcare is a plusAdditional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.