Group Design Manager, Core Services at Outreach
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:02 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, February 26, 2020
At Outreach, our product philosophy is to focus on what makes our end users, sales professionals, wildly successful. As a Group Design Manager at Outreach, you have a profound impact on the way customers like Dropbox, Adobe, Zendesk, and Workday move through their daily selling experience. You’ll set design direction for the core workflows Outreach users execute in the course of their job, balancing simplicity, efficiency and delight with the robust configuration options that enterprise customers need.
You’ll directly manage a product design team as they meaningfully explore and iterate on core product capabilities, as well as design and implement new products. As player/coach, you are an expert at enabling your team to produce their best work, while still getting hands on and tactical as needed.
This is a role for a true craftsperson who is excited by the opportunity to enable fluid and connected experiences for Outreach users.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Learning how salespeople work, how they use Outreach to engage their customers in the context of a sales workflow, and understanding customer usage patterns across the Outreach application
- Hiring, growing, and developing product design talent
- Implementing scaled product design best practices within a fast growing product development organization
- Partnering with peers in product and engineering on IA strategy and product design principles.
- Providing guidance on schematics, interaction design and visual designs created by your team
- Communicating design concepts and strategies with thoughtfulness and confidence
- Participating in many dimensions of product development such as greenfield product concepts, the extension of current capabilities, and iterative design on the core product.
- Using both quantitative data and qualitative research to better understand user workflows and prototype solutions.
- Working with the User Research function, manage customer interviews, validate design concepts and conduct usability studies
- 8+ years of professional UX/product design experience in software development context
- 3+ years managing direct reports
- Previous experience leading design or design teams on a major overhaul of information architecture in a B2B context
- Process for working across the full spectrum of product design, from early research, vision, information architecture to detailed specifications.
- Previous experience working on complex workflow products a plus!
Why You’ll Love It Here
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
Read Full Job Description