Head of Creative
You will drive:
- Brand health performance: Are Rover’s brand messages and visuals resonating across desired brand attributes? Are we building trust and affinity in the hearts and minds of pet parents?
- Creative performance: Do our campaign concepts and creative executions deliver against the performance metrics of our internal clients? Are we always seeking opportunities to be smart, bold, distinctive storytellers while producing high-impact content?
- Brand studio performance: Does our studio deliver creative that’s on-brief, on-time, and on-budget? Are we identifying opportunities to drive efficiency while raising the bar on powerful, high-integrity content?
- Brand studio health: Do our creative team members feel inspired, supported, and challenged? Are we partnering effectively as cross-functional thought partners to drive business results?
- Grow, lead, and inspire a team of designers, writers, and creative development managers from day-to-day creative workshopping to long-term professional development.
- Promote continual, performance- and brand-driven creative growth and improvement.
- Facilitate creative direction for new campaigns and executions across the marketing org.
- Translate key business objectives into influential directives that power creative development.
- Define and evolve Rover’s brand expression including developing libraries, tools, guidelines, and skills across the team. Champion and socialize those resources across the business.
- Partner with leaders across the business—including Product and Marketing—to evolve and refine Rover’s brand expression, messaging, and visual identity.
- Support and guide the creative briefing process to ensure briefs are top-notch and inspiring; feedback is constructive and incorporated; creative meets deadlines, briefs, and budgets; executions drive results; and those results are shared back to create a feedback loop that translates into improved brand integrity and performance metrics.
- Provide holistic creative oversight, including articulating campaign concepts; achieving buy-in on creative visions; and ensuring consistency and distinctiveness of brand expression across all channels and executions.
- Analyze brand expression tracking, market and consumer trends, and the competitive landscape to develop and implement creative objectives.
- Develop a strong creative vision that will advance our brand expression and inspire pet parents and sitters nationwide.
- Help your team achieve exceptional partnership across internal teams and projects.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans to own desired brand expression and brand health attributes and achieve campaign objectives; evangelize those plans across the business; and actively monitor and report on progress.
- 7+ years experience—some in-house—leading high-impact creative teams and developing resources and processes.
- Experience as a creative director/lead for a consumer brand demonstrating creative vision.
- Experience partnering effectively in a tech environment and/or with product teams to influence brand expression.
- Strong experience implementing brand strategies across creative teams.
- Deep knowledge of digital advertising and email communication standards.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented approach to leadership.
- Progressive success in translating a brand strategy into compelling expressions of the brand.
- Strong ability to influence cross-functionally and drive alignment on creative direction.
- A proven track record of bold creative executions and campaigns that drive business impact.
- Ability to leverage customer feedback/research, data, and business metrics to evaluate creative and champion continuous improvement.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills, with the ability to present data and conclusions in an organized, concise manner at all levels throughout the company.
- Professional, reliable, enthusiastic, and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Skilled at courageous and empathic communication.
- Some experience managing client-agency relationships is desirable, as is a background supporting both emerging and established consumer brands.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)