Head Of, User Experience Research
Getty Images believes the right image can move the world. For over 20 years, we’ve helped creative, business and media customers to define moments and shift perceptions using powerful imagery from www.gettyimages.com and www.istockphoto.com. Getty Images is a world leader in visual communications, with a diverse customer base and presence in over 30 countries. We deliver standout visual content to our customers, to power their commerce and ideas, and connect to their audience.
As the Head of User Research you will advice and support your team to help shape the future of Getty Images, by providing clear and actionable insights and a deep understanding of our customers.
Who You Are:
By your nature, you are a curious and highly analytical person who craves knowledge. You are a skilled and experienced researcher who is energized by the chance to get closer to customers, to understand their world and share that understanding with others. You are a great listener with the ability to connect with and have meaningful conversations with customers.
You are a empathetic and humble leader, with a proven ability to empower your teams to produce their best work. You have experience working closely with other groups (including product management, product design, technology and marketing), as a collaborator and impactful partner.
You are passionate. About your work. About research. About images. The opportunity to be part of moving the world with images excites you. You bring that passion to work every day. And you create it within your team.
You and your team will be responsible designing and conducting user experience research and analyses that lead to actionable recommendations. You will be responsible for finding innovative and valid ways to understand customer issues, behaviors, motivations and needs. You will explain findings with clarity and transparency and propose recommendations.
You and your team will work within cross functional teams focused on solving real customer problems, providing vital input based on the research you conduct. You will set an example to your team and others, on how to collaborate with other groups.
Your Next Challenge:
Work closely with business stakeholders to identify research priorities based on opportunities, gaps in knowledge and organization objectives. You will work with your team to set the research roadmap and then execute against that plan
- Lead your team to implement strategic and tactical research, identify the right tools, methodologies and approaches to deliver confident insights
- Share insights with stakeholders and business partners to help shape product strategy, and drive feature improvements and launches
- Educate business owners, product managers, technology, etc about research principles in general, and for driving the integration of UX research data and processes into everyday activities.
- Mentor your team members to help them grow as researchers and produce their best work. Remove blocks when needed.
- Manage vendor selections and budgets.
- Ensure that entire team keeps up to date with UX research techniques and emerging research tools.
- Consistently provide immediate performance feedback to direct reports and perform semi-yearly performance reviews.
- Ensure that research data is consistently and accurately gathered, including respectful of data privacy and regulations
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years working in user experience research
- 3+ years of leading interdisciplinary UX research teams by inspiring passion, dedication and amazing work from all team members
- In-depth knowledge of UX research principles and methodologies
- Ability to look for solutions and information in creative ways and convey complicated results and insights to people of varying backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex projects with significant financial implication and high executive visibility
- Intensely curious with an intrinsic love for research
- Solid relevant experience researching customer experience in an on-line merchandising environment
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.