Instructional Designer at Expedia Group
We are the world’s travel platform. Our purpose is to bring the world within reach.
Expedia Group is one of the largest online travel companies in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands. Collectively, the Expedia Group brands cover virtually every aspect of researching. From planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia Group portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury.
Global Customer Operations (GCO) provides customer service applications to support over 50 million customer interactions in 22 languages each year. Do you want to be on the leading edge of Expedia's eCommerce Platform strategy and help redefine productivity for travel agents around the globe? Do you also want to help to improve how an Expedia customer will be able to find customer support information quickly, as well as find novel ways for that customer to resolve some complex support issues without the need for an agent’s support?
What you will do:
As an Instructional Designer, you lead L&D projects, collaborate with subject matter guides, develop instructional material, coordinate, curate, and evaluate learning solutions. With at least 3-7 years’ experience in designing learning experiences, you take initiative for the entire instructional design process using the ADDIE and SAM models and work with SMEs in crafting and developing learning products for various global audiences in a call center environment. We work with a team of learning and development specialists assisting to incorporate business initiatives and customer improvement solutions into training strategy. Some travel may be required.
- You will apply adult learning theory and the neuroscience of learning to design and build learning solutions and experiences
- Integrate creative, immersive learning methodologies in learning experience/product design and development
- You will conduct a training needs analysis to inform performance objectives, instructional strategies, project scope
- Design/develop instructionally sound learning solutions/experiences
- Collaborate with instructional designers, LMS development team and other partners to implement a framework to allow dynamic content creation and curation
- You will communicate effectively with internal and external partners
- Facilitate learning using various learning delivery methodologies that achieve objectives and ensure application
- Demonstrated capability with eLearning software such as Captivate, Storyline, synchronous/asynchronous tools, and graphics tools and Agile project management using Jira
- Demonstrated instructional design expertise for a broad range of delivery modalities focused on adult learners
- Possess excellent grammar and writing proficiency for global English
- Strong organizational skill and some facilitation ability
- Excellent social skills, especially written and oral communication skills
- Run multiple, complex projects; strong project management; strong ability to multi-task and continually prioritize changing projects tasks/deliverable
- Strengths: Program Management, Technical / Job Competence, Problem Solving / Judgment, Planning, Customer Focus, Communication, Initiative
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where excellent people want to do their best work and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We passionately strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with modesty and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. We also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.Call to Action:
If you have a desire, to fundamentally impact an agent learning experience, giving them the confidence to provide best-in-class customer experience, this job is for you.
Our portfolio of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.