- Create training materials and content based on different types of learners.
- Create supporting material and media such as audio, video, role plays, scenarios, case studies, and powerpoint presentations to support the Rover learning experience.
- Use online training systems to create materials, and update procedure, process, and policy.
- Work with trainers and team leaders to identify new processes and training materials for upcoming challenges/changes.
- Assist with managing and creating consistency in an internal knowledge base of learning programs and training materials.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure learning programs and materials are up to date and maintained so the trainers have the needed resources to be successful.
- Assisting with analysis, design, writing and developing learning content and programs in collaboration with training teams.
- Evaluating existing materials effectiveness and continuously improving our training tools.
- Update and edit existing material (including delivery format and instructional methods) to increase learner outcomes.
- 2+ years as an instructional designer, or similar field
- 1+ year(s) in customer support
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient knowledge of Instructional Design theory and interactive development process and evaluation methodologies - ISD, ADDIE, Bloom, Kirkpatrick, to name a few
- Expert in Google Suite
- Experience with Agile project management using Jira or a similar system
- Experience with online learning tools and developing interactive online self-paced courses within Lessonly or similar tool
- Experience with Zendesk, Talkdesk, and/or similar CRMs and phone systems
- Ability to work flexible hours depending on training needs
Your Bonus Skills:
- Ability to quickly learn technology and technical concepts.
- Ability to develop and customize materials to improve learner engagement and knowledge retention.
- Experience with multiple levels of evaluations.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- A love of dogs and technology.
- Previously used Rover.com as an owner or sitter.
- Experience in startups or high growth companies.
- Experience communicating and working with teammates in multiple locations.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities including movie nights, game nights, snow tubing, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year